Alert Desk Reporter
7 News is looking for a live news reporter with a polished presentation to lead our evening Alert Desk coverage. The person who gets this job must be a talented reporter, producer and editor. You will look for urgent stories to front live on deadline or add context to significant stories utilizing multiple sources and social media. You’ve got to be good with touchscreen technology and understand how to use it to illustrate or enhance your storytelling. Are you creative with maps, whiteboards, props? This is a high energy position that requires great communication skills.
No evening will look the same, however, the main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Creating, writing and editing meaningful stories for the station’s newscast that can be used across multiple platforms
- Thinking on your feet when news breaks while maintaining balance
- Engaging with local community members
- Working closely with all members of the news team, Producers, Editors, Anchors, Newscast Directors, etc.
Additionally, this person should have:
- Proven knowledge and experience working with current media creation tools and contemporary newsroom systems
- Excel in storytelling across multiple platforms
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills are a must
- 3 years of reporting experience
- Must be able to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Knowledge of AP style and writing for the web, social media, and television
While applying online, please include a web link to your recent work. Applications without a link will not be considered.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.