Bally Sports South and Southeast is searching for an on-air promotion Writer/Producer/Editor to join our marketing team in Atlanta. This position is responsible for conceptualizing, writing, producing, and editing marketing and promotional content as directed by the Associate Director of On-Air Promotion. The Writer/Producer/Editor will collaborate with the marketing team to create campaigns that drive ratings and promote overall awareness of Bally Sports products (i.e. Digital, Social, Streaming, etc.). Duties include creating on-air promos, in-arena and social media videos, and other multi-platform promotional content.
The individual in this role must maintain a current knowledge of area collegiate and professional sports; demonstrate experience in all aspects of video production, includes directing promotional shoots, on-air talent and voiceover sessions.
- Collaborates with the Associate Director of On-Air Promotion and overall marketing team to develop strategic and engaging executions for on-air and digital promotions and other creative services projects.
- Concepts, writes, produces, edits, and directs marketing and promotional projects including on-air promos, game topicals, affiliate cross channel commercials, sizzle reels, social media videos, arena and team-based promotions and content.
- Executes innovative creative against challenging creative briefs, brand filters, and deadlines.
- Works with marketing and traffic operations to get promos on-air and marketing materials distributed to external partners; ensure correct and accurate promos are running.
- College degree or equivalent in film, broadcast or media.
- At least 2 years of television promotion or advertising experience with a cable network, broadcast station, ad agency, post-production company or other media-focused company.
- Professionally skilled with Avid Media Composer and post-production processes. Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder). Experience with Airtable is a plus.
- Excellent writing and scripting skills, with a thorough understanding of television and cable network branding; must be able to write strong and engaging promotional copy.
- Full understanding of the fundamentals of the commercial production process; experience organizing, overseeing, and executing promotional video shoots.
- Must be a team player with a high level of accountability, strong work ethic, and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize a variety of creative projects at once; adept at time management and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Explorer are needed.
Diamond Sports Group, L.L.C, an independently-managed and unconsolidated subsidiary of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Diamond Sports Group LLC, an independently-managed and unconsolidated subsidiary of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., owns the Bally Sports Regional Sports Networks (RSNs), the nation’s leading provider of local sports. Its 19 owned-and-operated RSNs include Bally Sports Arizona, Bally Sports Detroit, Bally Sports Florida, Bally Sports Great Lakes, Bally Sports Indiana, Bally Sports Kansas City, Bally Sports Midwest, Bally Sports New Orleans, Bally Sports North, Bally Sports Ohio, Bally Sports Oklahoma, Bally Sports San Diego, Bally Sports SoCal, Bally Sports South, Bally Sports Southeast, Bally Sports Southwest, Bally Sports Sun, Bally Sports West, and Bally Sports Wisconsin. The Bally Sports RSNs serve as the TV home to more than half of all MLB, NHL and NBA teams based in the United States. Diamond Sports Group also has a joint venture in Marquee, the home of the Chicago Cubs, and a minority interest in the YES Network, the local destination for the New York Yankees and Brooklyn Nets. Diamond RSNs produce approximately 5,000 live local professional telecasts each year in addition to a wide variety of locally produced sports events and programs each year.