Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc.
Digital News Writer
Sinclair Broadcast Group has an exciting opportunity for a Digital News Writer! We are searching for a passionate journalist with a keen eye for breaking news around the country. This position requires a quick worker who cares deeply about being “first” to report distinctive stories while also maintaining the highest standard of accuracy.
- Rapidly write digital news stories about breaking topics
- Identify newsworthy topics for Sinclair’s nationwide digital news audience
- Collaborate with broadcast producers to translate digital stories into broadcast stories
- Evaluate coworkers’ digital stories before publishing
- Front short video adaptations of digital stories to be published on Sinclair platforms
- 1-3+ years experience in digital news writing
- Ability to utilize an online content management system
- Fluent in AP Style
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite is a plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.