Real Estate Senior Analyst ( 594151-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Under direct supervision of the global real estate operations manager, the real estate senior analyst will be responsible for managing and overseeing approximately 15 administrative properties and 78 retail stores with a combined total of approximately 1.5M square feet. The properties are located throughout the North Central areas of the United States. In this role, you will have daily interaction with retail leadership and Verizon’s strategic partner for facilities management who supports and provides maintenance services to Verizon leased and owned properties.
You will plan and monitor expense and capital budgets, partner with members of various teams within Global Real Estate to evaluate and address facilities operations driven projects and initiatives, provide Operations oversight on all construction and installation projects to ensure completed project meets the original design and scope and work closely with Facilities vendor in developing preventative maintenance (PM) programs, and proactive associated maintenance programs. Additional responsibilities include:
- Interact with landlords and property management at Verizon leased properties on any issues which impact building operations.
- Manage Tenant Improvement Allowance (TIA) projects to ensure TI funds are used to support and improve building infrastructure.
- Responsible for Environmental and Safety compliance and financial responsibility at all applicable Verizon properties.
- Meet with internal customers frequently to establish and maintain solid business relationships.
- Monitor daily work requests, to ensure they are addressed in accordance with Corporate KPI’s.
- Monitor FM team’s performance and ensure all preventive maintenance (PM’s) are maintained to Verizon standards, frequencies and KPI’s.
- Develop and deliver executive level reporting on targets and results.
Where you’ll be working…
In this worksite-based role, you'll work onsite in Albany NY with travel in your assigned work territory.
What we’re looking for...
You will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with facilities operations.
- Willingness to travel up to 75% of the time.
- A valid Driver's license.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor degree in a Facility-related field or equivalent experience in Facilities Management and building trades.
- High-level understanding of all maintenance trades, knowledge of various building codes, and strong background with critical building systems (i.e., UPS, Transfer Switches, Generators, Fire life Safety, Electrical and Mechanical systems).
- Five or more years of experience in Facilities Management.
- The ability to interact and provide guidance to all outsourced Facilities personnel.
- High level project management and customer service skills.
- Certification as a Certified Facilities Manager (CFM) by IFMA, Facilities Management Administrator (FMA) by BOMI, or similar professional certification.
- Experience in managing a geographically-dispersed facilities portfolio.
- Proficient with Smartsheets, Microsoft Office and Google Suite programs.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail with the ability to understand the larger goal.
- Strong business acumen; ability to evaluate and analyze the costs, benefits, and risks of alternatives when making decisions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).