Senior Analyst Real Estate
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a Senior Analyst on the GRE Energy Management team, you will ensure that analytics drive continuous business improvements, identifying energy conservation measures, and reducing utility expenses. You will craft and deliver data-based stories that drive strategic and tactical decision making across the organization. Your end goal is to recommend improvements that will go straight to the bottom line.
You’ll analyze trends and identify outliers that could signal a problem. You’ll also calculate targets and set benchmark consumption levels for regulatory compliance, monitor activity and track the performance of new strategies that have been implemented to reduce energy consumption. Plus, you’ll come up with the best ways to share data in dashboards, presentations, and written reports to suit the need and the audience. By identifying opportunities and improving processes, you’ll be an integral part of the Energy team’s success.
- Monitoring Data analysis and exploration.
- Collaborating with team members to collect and analyze energy data. Understand process workflow and data lifecycle. Take a business question or a need and analyze relevant data to develop an answer to that question.
- Analyzing energy cost and usage by facility type. Normalizing for weather and size, etc. to come up with a list of outliers. Researching outliers that may signal operational issues with Facility Managers to drive down consumption.
- Creating data visualizations. Creating clean, visually compelling charts that will help others understand your discoveries.
- Creating simple energy reports for internal teams and/or external clients from Engie Insight (third party billing system that captures energy usage as well as cost).
- Ensuring data is accurate, complete, and consistent. Resolving missing and inconsistent data that may affect analysis. (bill audits/review Engie edits).
- Empowering others to use data to make key decisions using a newly created Tableau based dashboard containing hundreds of interactive data points. Producing reports of your findings or building dashboards to showcase them. (stats/kpi/team metrics).
- Documenting program requirements and providing reports/statistics to management for various conservation programs, i.e. lighting, environmental compliance, solar, garage electrification, fuel cell deployment, etc.
- Creating and maintaining a master database of all energy projects and relevant metrics.
- Developing, analyzing and interpreting key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Calculating run rate savings/elimination (Shibumi).
- Developing methodologies to measure compliance against local and state energy/emission mandates.
Where you'll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
Your attention to detail ensures you’ll get the job done accurately. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day, but you are organized so nothing is dropped. You view problems as puzzles you’d like to solve. You are comfortable working on your own, but you also enjoy collaborating with others. You are a good listener and able to translate a business question into just the right analysis to find the answer.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in project Management.
- Experience in the Energy industry.
- Experience in studying trends and data.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following;
- A degree in energy efficiency or data analytics.
- Experience in interpreting large data sets with a thorough understanding of data structure.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Tableau/PowerBI.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Experience in collaborating with others and to work in a team atmosphere.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM).
- Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) Membership.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.