Principal Engineer-Network Real Estate Planning ( 599610-1G )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As the Principal Engineer of the Network Real Estate Planning team, you are responsible for managing and negotiating national master lease agreements for macro, site modifications, small cells, in-building, and venue projects. The Real Estate Planning and Partnership organization is aimed towards optimizing the rent/ lease portfolio and overseeing our strategic partnerships to drive excellence in engagement and solution development to meet Verizon infrastructure build goals.A key aspect to this role is understanding how technology and services come together to solve our customer needs, building the strategy and requirements with key partners that deliver a win-win.The Principal Engineerwill actively manage multiple time-sensitive requests, effectively interface with all levels of management, and act as a trusted advisor to engineering leadership to ensure alignment and execution of strategic goals.
- Negotiate National Master Lease Agreements, create business case justification needed to gain approval and execution of Master Lease Agreements from management.
- Own national partner relationships including strategy, recommendation, and execution. Act a primary point of contract for supplier and market teams, acting as a an escalation point to govern the process.
- Managing large-scale complex projects related to macros, site modifications, small cells, in-building, and venue projects nationally.
- Understanding and monitoring RF solution deployment strategies and delivering on KPIs.
- Strategizing and evaluating multiple variables to determine best course of action during high-level negotiations.
- Partnering with Legal, General Counsel, and other entities to assess legal risks and provide oversight for contract languages on agreements.
- Partnering with State and Government Affairs organizations to ensure Verizon is part of critical and strategic ordinance and jurisdictional discussions and decisions.
- Managing key relationships of private landlords, tower owners, and third party integrators.
- Understanding the performance of site acq vendors, A&E, tower owners and third party integrators.
- Staying current with both internal and external Wireless Infrastructure and Site Development business trends, and trains the team on these developments.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years ofexperience negotiating contracts.
- Three or more years of public speaking experience.
- Three or moreyears of experience managing complex projects.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Master's degree.
- Knowledge of category management processes, policies, and procedures.
- Experience with cost modeling, competitive bids and RFPs as well as direct negotiations including business, price and technical terms.
- Experience in data analysis & supplier assessment.
- Ability to originate, analyze, negotiate, structure, prepare, and present master agreements involving risk analysis.
- Interpersonal and client service skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills with experience in influencing others.
- Strong analytical skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).