Wireless Real Estate Specialist
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Customer demand for wireless data service keeps growing, and to stay ahead of demand, we’re deploying new technology—small cells. Small cells add coverage and capacity, but at a fraction of the size of a traditional cell site. You’ll scout potential sites for new small cells (like existing utility poles, for example) and lead the site acquisition process. Your work will mean that even more users can connect to reliable high-speed wireless service, anywhere they live, work, and play.
- Analyzing potential site locations and then creating business cases for site acquisition.
- Handling vendors and purchasing during the site acquisition process.
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable laws.
- Working with partners like landlords, government employees, community officials and legal counsel.
- Maintaining database systems and reports pertaining to cellular site projects.
- Bidding sites out to turnkey vendors and choosing vendors for awards.
Where you’ll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’re an experienced project manager - organized, detail oriented, and efficient. You’ve got excellent negotiation skills, and can work effectively with a variety of partners, even in challenging situations. You’re driven to problem solve and overcome hurdles, and you approach every situation with a can-do, team-player attitude.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with wireless leasing or zoning.
- Willingness to travel.
- A valid driver’s license.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Real estate background. Ideally, in commercial leasing/acquisition, property management, site acquisition, land use entitlements, or real-estate affiliated legal.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.