Network Real Estate Specialist
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The role focuses on new build macro and macro modifications while managing and driving site acquisition vendors to deliver goals and successfully hand off projects to our Construction Team. Your day-to-day tasks include, but are not limited to project management, milestone tracking, performing lease due diligence, representing Verizon in communications with landlords, escalating issues to management with recommendations included, conducting site visits as needed, zoning review, hearing attendance and managing purchase orders.
You will also:
- Interpret and understand VZW policies and procedures and effectively communicate them to third-party vendors.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve real estate and lease-related issues as needed to meet internal or external deadlines and reporting requirements.
- Successfully negotiate and work with all types of Landlords and their agents in order to preserve the Company’s rights and meet the Company’s contractual and regulatory obligations.
- Identify and resolve network critical or site critical issues requiring immediate escalation to the Network leadership team.
- Review and manage financial invoicing for vendor services in a timely manner.
- Navigate and complete FUZE tasks.
Where you’ll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You are well-versed in telecommunications and thrive under tight deadlines. You are a team player and can work collaboratively across teams (including RF, implementation/construction, network operations, fiber, and legal) to achieve organizational and program goals.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Ability to effectively manage vendors and projects.
- Proven track record of meeting goals.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and manage multiple competing priorities while consistently meeting deadlines.
- Knowledge of land use and zoning procedures, and real estate acquisition.
- Knowledge of local and regional zoning, planning, and environmental standards and policies.
- Knowledge of legal and financial terms and ability to read and interpret contracts.
- Experience in legal, contract management, project management, or construction disciplines.
- Experience reviewing construction drawings, RF data sheets, and leases.
- Excellent negotiation skills, interpersonal skills, oral/written communications skills, and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of software tools to track projects.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, analyze and solve problems.
- Proficiency in using computers, including experience with relational and web-based database applications.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.