Consultant - National Federal Tax Services - Energy, Real Estate, Operating Partnerships (10991)
- Implement strategic tax structures and oversee complex tax computation projects for clients in diverse industries.
- Assist clients with life events for partnerships (e.g. formations, mergers, initial public offerings), inside and outside basis computations, Section 704(c) and Section 743(b) computations, Schedule K-1 processing, and the development of custom technology solutions to streamline the partnership compliance process.
- Use proprietary technologies to assist clients in streamlining their tax compliance processes and achieve worldwide compliance.
- Assume tax-planning responsibilities for our federal tax clients and actively participate in client strategy meetings.
- Spend a large amount of time at client locations across the United States for the purpose of meeting client deadlines.
- Mentor and develop junior staff including in our U.S. India office, providing leadership, counseling, career guidance, and guidance on issues related to work/life fit.
The Team :
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP made up of a number of tax service offerings. Each NFTS service offering has been developed and built as a result of a tax planning idea, a marketplace need, or a technological innovation all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients. Our people are entrepreneurial in spirit and have always had the work-hard/play-hard mentality. NFTS service lines provide tax planning and compliance support for the largest organizations across all industries.
PSG's practice is split into two primary areas: Investment Management (IM) and Energy, Real Estate, and Operating Partnerships (ERO). In the ERO practice, PSG professionals counsel privately-held and publicly-traded partnerships across the United States on a wide range of federal tax issues involving mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, initial public offerings, post-offering compliance, and process design and improvement. Industries served by the ERO practice include energy (e.g., oil and gas), real estate, telecom, healthcare, media / entertainment, and financial services (e.g., asset management, private equity, and venture capital). The ERO practice is also heavily involved in the implementation of tax receivable agreements that are executed as part of advanced reorganization transactions.
- 1+ years experience in federal partnership tax
- Bachelors degree in accounting or business-related field
- CPA, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification (or eligible)
- Travel up to 30% (while 30% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to Covid-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, JD, or LL.M
Big 4 or comparable experience
Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
Demonstrated research skills
Self-starter and demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple, competing priorities
Aptitude in MS Project, Word, Excel, and Visio