Tax Manager, PSG Energy, Real Estate and Operating Partnerships (15377)
- Refine your skillset with the ability to work with large-scaled operating partnership tax clients on matters that mean the most to them.
- Diversify your industry experience by working on a plethora of various industries including private equity, healthcare, tech, financial products, oil & gas, green energy, real estate, consumer products, and other various industries.
- Assist our client with public offering transactions including but not limited to initial proxy and registration statements for Up-C and SPAC structures.
- Work with Up-C clients on an on-going basis during periodic service periods during the year;
- Develop an understanding of the public monetization transactional process, including tax receivable agreements.
- Create cutting-edge technology that evolves around U.S. federal income tax principles for partnership tax, data analytics, and the user experience.
- Lead engagement teams and have the opportunity to work with highly motivated and dedicated teams.
- Implement strategic tax structures and processes, and oversee complex tax computation projects for clients, with emphasis on identification and communication of technical tax and service issues.
- Mentor and develop of engagement staff, providing leadership, counseling, career guidance, and guidance on issues related to work/life fit.
- Participate in marketplace activities, recruiting, and process and technology innovation.
- Identify service opportunities, manage client accounts, and advance various Deloitte initiatives.
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP made up of a number of tax service offerings. Each NFTS service offering has been developed and built as a result of a tax planning idea, a marketplace need, or a technological innovation - all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients. Our people are entrepreneurial in spirit and have always had the work-hard/play-hard mentality. NFTS service lines provide tax planning and compliance support for the largest organizations across all industries.
PSG's practice is split into two primary areas: Investment Management (IM) and Energy, Real Estate, and Operating Partnerships (ERO). In the ERO practice, PSG professionals counsel privately-held and publicly-traded partnerships across the United States on a wide range of federal tax issues involving mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, initial public offerings, post-offering compliance, and process design and improvement. Industries served by the ERO practice include energy (e.g., oil and gas), real estate, telecom, healthcare, media / entertainment, and financial services (e.g., asset management, private equity, and venture capital). The ERO practice is also heavily involved in the implementation of tax receivable agreements that are executed as part of advanced reorganization transactions.
- 5+ years' experience in federal partnership tax
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or other business-related field required
- Certified or in the process of obtaining/willing to obtain a CPA, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Proven management experience indicating strong organizational skills and the ability to plan and manage budgets and work plans
- Travel up to 30% (While up to 30% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, JD, or LLM
- Big 4 or comparable experience
- Aptitude in MS Project, Word, Excel, and Visio
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple, competing priorities