Real Estate Operational Strategist ( R-00058417 )
The Leidos Real Estate, IT, Engineering, and Support Services (RITES) team is seeking a Real Estate Operational Strategist to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) team in support of the FAA’s Aviation Property Management Branch (APM-210).
This resource will build relationships with key FAA leadership to define APM’s strategic vision along with defining associated goals and objectives in alignment with the FAA’s agency-wide mission. This SME will evaluate the current processes and skillsets needed to effectively meet the needs of the APM organization while considering policies, industry standards, and best practices. This individual should be an expert in this field, and will serve as a prime consultant and external spokesperson for the organization on highly significant initiatives. The Real Estate Subject Matter Expert (SME) will advise the client on a wide range of subjects such as commercial real property development, management of real property projects, real estate investment and portfolio planning decisions, and strategies to lead successful property management operations.
It is expected that this individual will provide subject matter expertise to conduct research, evaluations, and gap/skill analyses. This position involves constant development of high level solutions to problems of unusual complexity that require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovativeness. Challenges are frequently unique and strategic solutions will serve as precedent for future decisions.
This resource will be responsible for the development and implementation of APM-200 real property investment and financing processes, portfolio planning and management, property management and real estate asset management. The SME will provide the necessary property analysis required to make sound leasing decisions and solutions related to short and long-term strategic goals and objectives to FAA managers and staff directly impacting the attainment of agency goals.
- Requires a BA degree and 12 to 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 to 13 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted for a degree at the hiring manager's discretion. Demonstrate competence in 3 areas of Commercial Real Estate (CRE) leadership including strategy, customer relationship management, and subject matter expertise:
- Utilize expert knowledge to evaluate and understand the current FAA portfolio, determine the current operating environment, assess customer needs and the total cost of ownership.
- Define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), collect, analyze and act upon customer feedback.
- Identify savings opportunities and mobilize cost-reduction resources and processes.
- Ensure that Strategic Planning processes and supporting skills sets effectively meet the needs of the APM organization (assess current processes and skills sets and make recommendations for the future)
- Develop, embed, and monitor strategic CRE processes at Division and Branch levels. Improve existing processes, tools and solutions to enhance results; implement incremental high value changes to strategic planning processes.
- Establish and manage relationships with senior Line of Business (LOB) and functional stakeholders.
- Facilitate the APM Real Property Council to support ongoing operational reviews and long-term strategic planning
- Prepare decision briefs and develop appropriate real estate documents
- Requires strong interpersonal skills including the ability to establish a trusted-advisor relationship with the executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project
- Agile and collaborative with strong creative, problem-solving and relationship-building skills. Works well under pressure and can handle tight deadlines, multiple tasks and shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment. Takes initiative, ownership of assignments and personal responsibility.
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include MS Office Suite, MS Visio, and MS Project
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Previous experience supporting the FAA or other Federal Government agencies
- Commercial Real Estate (CRE) certification, Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and/or FAA Acquisition Management System (AMS) training preferred but not required.
- FAA and/or Commercial Real Estate Experience