Network Real Estate Specialist ( 568597-1E )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Customer demand for wireless data service keeps growing, and to stay ahead of demand, we’re deploying new technology. You will review environmental due diligence, including Phase I’s and Phase II’s, to identify cases of non-compliance with ASTM 1527-05 and CERCLA regulations and non-conformance with company policy and ASTM standards for proposed facilities. You’ll ensure compliance with the innocent landowner defense under CERCLA regulations and identify and ensure proper handling and disposal of hazardous materials (e.g.: contaminated groundwater, soil, asbestos, lead and mold) in compliance with waste regulations (i.e.: RCRA) and worker health and safety.
- Review environmental due diligence, including Phase I’s and Phase II’s, to identify cases of non-compliance with ASTM and CERCLA regulations and non-conformance with company policy and ASTM standards for proposed facilities.
- Maintain the environmental database and document the results of the environmental due diligence.
- Ensure compliance with the innocent landowner’s defense under CERCLA regulations.
- Ensure compliance with locate, state and federal wetland regulations.
- Work with Environmental Counsel to ensure all appropriate environmental permits are obtained.
- Coordinate compliance activities to maintain permits and certificates.
- Assist in the review and implementation of materials management plans and health and safety plans.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA’s Lead standard – 1910.1025 and OSHA’s Asbestos standard – 1910.1001.
- Work with HQ and counsel to have Phase II reports ordered and ensure appropriate actions are taken to reduce the environmental liability to the company.
- Maintain communication with counsel, regions and government.
- Conduct environmental training sessions for the Real Estate teams as needed.
- Ensure the appropriate environmental due diligence documentation has been posted to Web Library and Verizon database systems.
- Track the environmental due diligence statistics.
- Maintain and Track EES processes.
- Assist HQ and Operations on the bi-monthly environmental, health and safety conference call.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science.
- Experience working with ASTM and CERCLA regulations.
- Experience in Microsoft, Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat and database systems.
- Project management experience.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels from team members to executive management - excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to consider the costs and risk benefits of potential actions to choose the best one.
- Project Management Professional Certification.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.