Network Real Estate Specialist ( 570578-1E )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
There are a lot of cellular sites and contractual agreements behind America’s fastest and most reliable network. The work you’ll be doing will help our Network Real Estate department ensure that all contractual agreements are tracked, processed, maintained and supported. When the database needs to be updated, rent payments need to be made or inquiries need to be resolved, you’ll be there to help.
- Preparing, verifying and running daily rent payments and reconciling accounts.
- Prioritizing and troubleshooting inquiries from landlords and real estate field personnel and resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Reviewing payment terms and recommending actions to ensure continuity of rent obligations and avoid expiration of sites that are critical to the network.
- Providing project support and coordination for network projects and special initiatives to meet critical deadlines.
- Resolving tax related issues in collaboration with taxing authorities, landlords, real estate teams, and outside counsel.
- Ensuring the integrity of financial and non-financial data in the core databases and accurately updating information.
What we’re looking for...
You are an expert at execution and enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You deploy your skills including a keen attention to detail and commitment to quality to make a positive impact on the organization. You work well independently but also enjoy collaborating with other teams across the organization to solve problems.
You’ll need to have:
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% or less.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in Accounting, Real Estate or related discipline.
- Experience working with attorneys in a contract and legal capacity or paralegal training.
- Experience with PeopleSoft and Network Real systems.
- Experience with reviewing both legal and financial terms of real estate contracts.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.