Supervisor Real Estate Operations ( 565855-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Supervisor, Global Real Estate Operations is Verizon’s front line, hands-on, first-responder person that is customer facing and responsible to manage daily real estate operations. This is accomplished by direct supervision of building service technicians. Supervisor role requires follow-up and control working with Network Reliability local managers, defining scope of work for contractors, working with county and city officials and internal departments to ensure projects are clearly defined, brought to closure and deliverables met.
- Direct supervision of building services technicians to include coaching and development of team members in a bargained for environment.
- Develop internal and external customer relationships.
- Proactive and preventive maintenance programs to avoid cost and equipment failures.
- Follow-up and control of all capital and expense projects to ensure quality.
- Meet or exceed all company goals, objectives and metrics.
- Interface with all contractors, government officials, and external and internal customers to ensure timely responses and healthy relationships are maintained.
- Core value is to protect Verizon’s network reliability, customer services and brand image.
- Supervise 10 or more building technicians.
- Collaborate with Strategic Partner to ensure success of team.
- Manage over one million square feet of central office and administrative facilities.
- Shared responsibility for expense and capital budgets in excess of 2 million dollars.
- Ensure and implement effective preventive maintenance programs.
- Define scope of work and oversee all capital and expense projects.
- Trend, track and ensure all department results are achieved.
- Achieve company goals, objectives and metrics.
- Ensure standards for Code of Conduct, ethics, training and safe workplace.
- Ensure effective management of portfolio through established annual KPI's.
- Achieve 120 minutes average or less response time for all P1 Work Requests (WR).
- Complete P1 WR in less than 24 hours.
- Reduce P1 WR year-over-year with focus on P1 and Preventive Maintenance WR.
- Meet or exceed annual objectives for management and associate training.
- Manage all capital and expense programs within annual budgets.
- Oversee all capital and expense projects to ensure, on-time, within budget and customer satisfaction.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience
- Supervisory experience - ideally managing union / bargained for employees.
- Commercial HVAC and mechanical experience or equivalent.
- Experienced in Operations, supervising, budget planning and management.
- Valid driver's license.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Business continuity and Disaster Recovery experience.
- Experience with strategic partner relationships as well as vendor management.
- Desk Top computer skills and Microsoft Office applications.
- Project management experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.