Do you thrive in times of disruption? Do you have a passion for real estate and the various asset classes within the industry? As a Consultant in our Valuation and Modeling practice at Deloitte, you'll join our real estate team and have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working alongside leading professionals across diverse industries while building your professional skills by participating in a variety of projects. You'll be involved in helping our clients understand, analyze, and respond to various business opportunities and challenges presented by real estate transactions and key business and investment decisions.
Work you'll do
You will have the opportunity to work on projects to help advise clients to effectively select, deliver, manage, and value investments in capital assets and real estate to maximize returns and reduce risk. You'll leverage advanced, technology-enabled solutions to help our clients more confidently make decisions and execute on those decisions to drive performance. Your responsibilities could include:
• Conducting research from both primary and secondary data sources
• Data mining and organizing data
• Interviewing market participants and property managers
• Writing quality memos and reports
• Performing lease abstractions, audits & revenue optimization analysis
• Performing financial / cash flow modeling
• Preparing Argus/DYNA/Excel based models
• Analyzing of economic and/or demographic data
• Understanding and applying applicable audit / reporting rules and analyses
• Performing inspections of real estate projects, and performing 3rd-party appraisal review
Our Deloitte Advisory Valuation Real Estate team serves clients throughout nearly all industries, handling many types of property-related issues, including due diligence, lease advisory, market analyses, underwriting process evaluations, portfolio related services, litigation support and expert witness services, and complex property analysis and valuation. Our professionals frequently deal with large portfolios of real property assets on a regional, national and even global basis.
We also cover the full spectrum of real estate valuation services, from evaluating large and diverse portfolios to performing single-property analyses, as well as identifying and performing valuations of tangible and intangible real estate-related assets. Learn more about our Valuation market offering at Deloitte.
How you'll grow
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in one of the following majors including: Real Estate, Economics, Accounting, Finance or Business Administration with a Real Estate / Economic focus, or a related field of study
- 2+ years of relevant Real Estate work experience in areas such as: property-related issues, including due diligence, lease advisory, market analyses, underwriting process evaluations, portfolio related services, litigation support and expert witness services, and complex property analysis and valuation
- Demonstrated leadership and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Experience prioritizing tasks, working on multiple assignments and managing ambiguity
- Experience working independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Travel up to 20% may be required, dependent on role and location
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
Through your variety of experiences at Deloitte, you will have the opportunity to develop analytical, communication, and leadership skills that can help you achieve your full potential, no matter what career path you eventually choose. You will be continually challenged by your clients, your team members, and your peers. Along the way, you will have access to mentoring, counseling, and training opportunities to help foster and accelerate your development of new skills and capabilities. For new campus hires, we offer extensive onboarding and new hire training to help you hit the ground running. You'll travel to Deloitte University for national new hire training that includes technical and soft skills training, as well as invaluable networking opportunities. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.