Partnerships. Subchapter K. REITS. Consulting for major players. Do this describe your ideal tax position? If you've got a solid understanding of partnership allocation methodologies, Subchapter K, and the tax compliance process for investment partnerships, along with a general understanding of portfolio investments and the international and multi-state tax issues facing private equity funds, then we have an exciting opportunity for you as a Senior Tax Consultant on our growing team!
Work you'll do
As a Senior Tax Consultant, you will work within an engagement team and draw on your experience in accounting and taxation to provide tax compliance and consulting services to investment management clients. You will identify complex tax issues and provide tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates. Responsibilities will include:
- Performing detail-level reviews of partnership work papers, allocations, and tax returns as well as preparing materials and research for consulting projects related to tax planning opportunities.
- Coordinating and communicating with client contacts as required to gather information to complete their tax returns.
- Training, mentoring, and supervising new and experienced-level tax staff, and attending required Deloitte Tax LLP and sector-specific trainings.
As global leaders in providing professional services to the Investment Management industry, Deloitte works with clients to address a range of critical issues brought on by regulatory changes, competition, globalization, advances in technology, and the changing demands of their customers. Our cross-functional industry group is comprised of more than 2,800 partners, managers and staff, providing a spectrum of assurance and advisory, tax, enterprise risk, regulatory and consulting services to a broad range of Investment Management companies. Our clients include investment advisers and administrators from every sector of the industry, including investment managers, broker-dealers, banks, insurance companies, mutual funds, investment partnerships, hedge funds, private equity, alternative products, and other money managers.
- 3+ years experience providing tax planning services or preparing client work papers and income tax returns
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance or other business-related field
- CPA, Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate certification (or in the process of pursuing)
- Ability to demonstrate basic understanding of Subchapter K, partnership allocation methodologies, and the tax compliance process for investment partnerships
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to travel up to 25%
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM
- Experience working in a virtual and/or global environment
- Passion for leveraging technology and exploring new technology solutions
- Experience with accounting for income taxes in accordance to ASC740
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communications skills