Tax Consultant II - Real Estate Tax (63136)
- Assisting clients with life events for partnerships (e.g., formations, mergers, initial public offerings), inside and outside basis computations, section 704(c) and section 743(b) computations, and Schedule K-1 processing.
- Using proprietary technologies to assist clients in streamlining their tax compliance processes and achieve worldwide compliance.
- Maintaining and developing strong client relationships on various federal tax consulting/compliance engagements in the real estate industry.
- Advising clients on a variety of tax issues, including REIT Qualification, impact of Tax Reform on passthroughs and other Real Estate clients, business restructuring, and tax controversy.
- Overseeing complex federal tax compliance and consulting projects requiring tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates using state of the art technology and data analytics.
- Mentor and develop junior staff, including those in our U.S. India office, providing leadership, counseling, career guidance, and guidance on issues related to work/life fit.
As global leaders in providing professional services to the Real Estate industry, Deloitte works with clients to address a range of critical issues brought on by regulatory changes, competition, globalization, advances in technology, and the changing demands of their customers. Our clients include investment advisers and administrators from every sector of the industry, including investment managers, investment partnerships, private equity, Real Estate Investment Trusts, real estate private equity funds, and other real estate owners and operators. Our spectrum of business tax services is relevant for public and private companies and range from tax planning to tax compliance, controversy and risk management, specialized services including research and development, government incentives, and tax management consulting. Join us, and help clients optimize their tax functions and take strategy to the next level. Learn more about Deloitte Business Tax Services.
- 1+ years experience in federal taxation
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, licensed attorney, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated research skills
- Self-starter and demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple, competing priorities
- Solid understanding of real estate tax technical and transaction skills, including partnership taxation, REIT taxation and qualification, partnership allocations, tax compliance, due diligence, acquisition/disposition planning and structuring, and experience with federal tax compliance, federal tax accounting and provisions, tax analysis, and tax research
- Strong managerial experience with budgets, people and projects
- Able to travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Limited sponsorship may be available
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience