Deloitte's Real Estate & Location Strategy practice helps companies across industries, and around the globe, address some of their most complex and challenging location and footprint issues. Through our services we help shape and action broader corporate strategy via location, expand our client's market share, make informed and data driven location decisions, enter and succeed in new markets, and enable effective negotiations to manage cost and improve operations. We stay firmly focused on our clients' priorities while developing and executing location-related strategies that allow access to talent, understand and mitigate risks, and offer sustainable financial advantages Learn more about our Real Estate & Location Strategy practice.
We are looking for Senior Consultants with demonstrated experience in site selection and location strategy, including domestic and international market selection and entry strategy, location decision framework development, data gathering and synthesis, labor market analytics, country risk comparisons, and financial modeling and business case development. Knowledge of land, building, business park, and investment zone due diligence and validation are a plus. Experience with utility and transportation infrastructure evaluations and/or government incentives and real estate negotiations preferred.
Work you'll do
Senior Consultants in our Location Strategy & Site Selection practice play a critical role in analyzing and executing location related challenges across all operation types (Headquarters, Manufacturing, Distribution, Business Services, Research & Development, Customer Care, Data Centers). Senior Consultants are responsible for utilizing of a broad suite of tools, data, and methods to best answer our client's location-related challenges.
Senior Consultants participate in setting engagement objectives and scope; develop work plans for components of engagements, coordinate activities between work streams and identify changes in scope. Senior Consultants are responsible in working with project leadership to interpret client requirements and navigate to the right location decisions via the development of comparative qualitative (operating conditions) and advanced quantitative analyses (financial modeling analyses) and developing clear, transparent, and actionable recommendations. Senior Consultants will participate with clients and project leadership, in due diligence activities in the field that will focus on talent assessment, technical site and facility due diligence, and other relevant in market activities including discussions relating to economic development incentives.
Finance & Enterprise Performance
Our Finance & Enterprise Performance team works as a trusted advisor to CFOs, COOs, CIOs, and key executives. We advise, implement and deliver as-a-service solutions, helping our clients develop strategies and capabilities to support enterprise-wide decision-making, improve finance operations, and create impact within their organization.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree and 5+ years consulting and/or industry experience or a MBA with 2+ years relevant work experience
- A degree with a focus on real estate, workplace, international studies, data science, geography, civil or mechanical engineering, or architecture is a plus
- 3+ years of management consulting and/or industry experience in domestic and/or global location strategy and site selection
- A willingness to travel (50-75% of time, although cyclical) both domestically and globally
- Financial modeling and Business Case development experience
- Ability to develop cohesive storyboards that distill large volumes of data into digestible executive recommendations
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong presentation skills and an effective management presence
- Ability to exercise mature judgment
- Eagerness to mentor and counsel junior staff
- Experience in conducting detailed technical assessment of large candidate sites/facilities
- Understanding of infrastructure capacity and provision (Power, Gas, Water/Sewer, Telecom, Rail, Port)
- Language Fluency (English, Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin, German)
- Understanding of and experience in the application of Data Science/Analytics methods in location strategy and geospatial analyses
- Advanced or intermediate Geographic Information Systems (GIS) experience, preferably with a Location Selection application
- Experience with or exposure to incentive negotiations