Creative Director - Real-Time Marketing ( 560718-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Responsible for spearheading a new creative team in support of real-time marketing. This role will be responsible for creative excellence and consistency across the delivery of display and website content for different segments. This will be a fast-paced process which will utilize a test and learn approach to optimize the customer experience across different channels. This role will be the creative lead as part of a larger leadership team consisting of experts from media, data, strategy and technology, and will be responsible for the development and/or evolution of original and existing design concepts and approaches, overseeing multiple projects simultaneously through execution, and leading, directing, and inspiring a team of dedicated real-time marketing creatives (copy and design). You will be responsible for delivering web KPI's, shepherding brand awareness through best-in-class copy and design, and maintaining brand integrity through the creation of unique content and content versioning online. You will also be responsible for creating scalable content and Verizon design "systems", creating on-brand content for the appropriate testing platforms, and working with your Verizon partners to identify what actions must be taken based on results. Ultimately, you are responsible for all of the creative that flows within the real-time marketing team, while working collaboratively between all groups to ensure success.
- Lead a team of creatives in the development and delivery of thought leadership and creative solutions across all digital channels that strengthen Verizon’s value propositions and leadership position.
- Maintain creative excellence within the context of a data-driven, sales-oriented, fast-paced ecosystem.
- Articulate and justify conceptual and design choices.
- Promote continual creative improvement and actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence, and accountability.
- Guide, mentor, and lead members of the creative team to maintain consistency and engagement through award-winning work.
- Ensure relevance and a consistent brand voice across the owned channels.
- Foster relationships with essential digital marketing industry players to enhance and amplify marketing efforts and drive innovation.
- Measure key digital engagement metrics and channel/content performance.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- A portfolio of relevant samples of your creative work.
- Strong display experience with a proven track record of working with media partners to drive ROI.
- Experience with DCO tools.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Eightor more years of agency and/or corporate experience, including five or more years in a Creative Director (or higher) role, with five or more years focused on digital creative and brand innovations.
- Advanced knowledge of interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development, digital marketing, and the creative process.
- Demonstrated experience managing the creative development process in a fast-paced, matrixed environment.
- Experience in cutting-edge digital marketing of a layered, multi-textured, sophisticated brand.
- Experience in leading and organizing innovative digital campaigns that have driven customer loyalty and sales growth.
- Passion around engagement strategy as the centerpiece of the digital experience.
- Ability to provide feedback to improve creative processes and to keep work on budget and schedule.
- Experience in digital platforms, test & target tools, video, web design, and branded experiences.
- Ability to discern individual team members’ skills and to match the right people with the proper work.
- Ability to develop advertising campaign platforms that can work across channels, both online and offline.
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities, both internal and client-facing.
- Ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term needs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.