Professional Services Project Manager ( 598101-1E )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Professional Services Project Manager will be responsible for managing multiple concurrent projects focused on the delivery of 5G MEC, Venues (SCV/IoT), private LTE/5G solutions including survey, design, implementation, and handoff to support. This team member’s role encompasses a wide range of responsibilities including project governance, financial tracking and analysis, partner contracting and management, application of standard project management processes and artifacts, risk management, process and methodology development and improvement.
The Project Manager owns a select set of customers and works to effectively organize resources in the delivery of complex technology solutions. They will implement solutions to ensure that best practices and processes are followed and enhanced. They will be a primary company point of contact, internally and externally, and must effectively manage communications. They will be responsible for keeping each project in scope and manage the negotiation and contracting for scope changes. They will also be responsible for extensive project documentation and following an established standardized methodology.The Project Manager will lead cross functional teams across multiple lines of business to ensure a high quality delivery of critical partnerships between Verizon and the public/private sectors.
- Managing multiple large scale technology projects within public and private sectors
- Manage third party vendors
- Preparing and leading client technical presentations
- Managing Contracts, SOWs, and Change Order processes for both customers and vendors
- Delivering complex technologies such as 5G, IoT, cloud computing technologies (AWS, Azure), and Onsite LTE
- Managing migration of applications to cloud (AWS, Azure)
- Implementing complex computing and IOT solutions in Venues, Communities and Enterprises
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience managing operational programs and projects.
- Industry project management certification such as PgMP and PMP.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- The ability to work effectively under extreme time constraints and deliver against critical deadlines
- Does not require direct supervision; able to take high level direction and proactively move a project or internal initiative from start to finish with minimal assistance.
- Strong presentation building and written and verbal communications.
- Strong experience in leading complex and concurrent endeavors
- Demonstrated effective leadership and timely communication skills in a fast paced environment
- Ability to influence others and collaborate with various stakeholders
- Excellent organizational & communication skills
- Responsible for leading, and coordinating resources for, an integrated team crossing multiple business units in the daily execution of program activities.
- Understands customer schedule and requirements, as well as the technology and product development necessary to carry out the program to meet customer expectations.
- MBA, Master’s
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).