Professional Services Resource Deployment Manager
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Your focus will be on the growth and development of the Professional Services organization. The primary responsibility of the Lead Resource Capacity Manager is to manage resourcing for all potential and assigned projects. This position requires that the individual be the liaison among the Professional Services organization Delivery Leaders as it relates to resourcing across all work. The Resource Manager also works directly with Talent Acquisition and HR to facilitate appropriate staffing across the department based on aggregate understanding of project requirements. The Resource Manager will also ensure that project resourcing is managed in order to assure timely delivery and must communicate to appropriate Project Managers resourcing issues that may impact scheduled deadlines. You will also enforce company processes by utilizing and requesting all Project Managers use proper procedures when requesting resources.
You will be focused on guiding the team process to deliver workforce and staffing plans. Learning foundational skills for manager and practice trajectories including managing people and stakeholders and/or building and modeling deep discipline expertise.
- Manage the annual workforce planning and budgeting exercise for assigned Delivery Practice.
- Implement and execute mechanisms to capture resource demand and capacity plans, allowing for real-time data availability for decision-making.
- Continuously review/analyze resource demand and capacity.
- Manage group and/or program portfolio utilization.
- Monitor effectiveness of resource plans, apply learnings to forecast models.
- Perform trend analyses to highlight critical utilization, demand, capacity, and performance risk factors.
- Develop and manage a cross-training program for the Professional Services team, including curriculum, content development and delivery vehicles with the end goal of maximizing billable resource utilization.
- Partner with PS Operations team to ensure accurate visibility into the pipeline for forward looking capacity planning.
- Manage overall training/cross-training, hiring recommendations based on forecasted resource needs.
- Ensure the right resources, with the right skill sets, available at the right times.
- Arrange weekly meetings with the Professional Services Management team to discuss all active projects and potential new business as well as to stay informed of potential issues such as resource and change control matters.
Where you'll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’re highly analytical and have an eye for detail and accuracy. Making sense of quantitative data is a real strength of yours and you manage to synthesize complex information into easily understood insights. People look to you to solve problems and dig deep into issues. You’re more than equipped to build strong, lasting, trusting relationships. People trust you and come to you for advice.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in consulting.
- Experience in project management.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Resource Management Certified Professional.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Understanding of Professional Services.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.