Project Manager - Managed Analytic Services - MAS - Telecommute (111765495)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumInsight Data & Analytics is seeking an experienced project manager to in our Managed Analytic Services practice. this role is responsible for managing intake, facilitating the prioritization of the work, establishing project plans and RACI’s, performing capacity management, managing project status and budgets, and for driving the completion of work. The ideal candidate would be skilled in negotiation and be a strong communicator orally and in written form. This person would have experience taking complex problems and understanding the right amount of project management rigger applicable to get the work done in the most coordinated, but efficient way possible. The person in this role would be coordinating projects with teams across Optum and commercial clients. This includes managing projects with a diverse set of talent including analysts, data scientists, product managers, quality assurance experts, business intelligence analysts, data governance experts, project managers, platform engineers, healthcare domain experts, and many other types of subject matter experts.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Creates and executes project plans and revises appropriately to meet changing requirements and needs
- Supports business management functions such as meeting coordination, capacity planning, project lifecycle delivery discipline, staffing, and governance reporting
- Develops and delivers status reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations
- Supports the design and practice-wide implementation of new processes, tools and governance models, using iterative and collaborative design principles
- Proactive at identifying risks, building mitigation plans and escalating issues appropriately
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with both internal and external customers
- Understands and helps prioritize projects, business initiatives, strategic plans and project budgets
- Collaborates with leadership as well as client stakeholders to ensure inputs, processes and outputs are captured and maintained for effective implementation
- Utilizes project management and process improvement methodologies to ensure deliverables are met
- Coordinates meetings; prepares draft agendas and issues final agendas with appropriate backup materials; takes minutes, and provides follow-up correspondence
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of healthcare consulting or operations experience
- 3+ years of experience in analytic operations or consulting
- 3+ years of experience in full life cycle project management experience including project planning, project team change control management
- 3+ years of experience designing, implementing, and managing processes to support program effectiveness and efficiencies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Power Point
- Willingness to travel 35-65%
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- PMP or CAPM certification
- Health plan, healthcare or clinic operations experience
- Business Intelligence tools experience (MicroStrategy, Tableau, etc.)
- Financial modeling experience (ROI, budgeting, staffing)
- Problem solving capabilities resulting in significant business impact and customer satisfaction
- Detail-oriented and ability to identify potential risk or problems and find resolution
- Effectively operate through complex organizational situations with ability to anticipate obstacles and plan appropriate approach
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Ability to influence and interact comfortably with all levels of professional and line level staff
- Ability to interact one-on-one and consult with all levels of leadership
- Ability to manage group relationships with diverse geographic locations, skills and level of understanding of company processes and policy
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.