Senior Manager, Patient Access Support Services, Oncology
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.The Role
The Oncology PASS Senior Manager will play a key role in the management of our patient access and support services and reimbursement strategies across the BMS portfolio with a primary focus on Oncology patient support programs. This individual will work closely with hub vendors to monitor activities for quality and consistency. This position is ideal for someone who enjoys the day-to-day interactions that support patient access to medications and treatment. This person will be responsible for leading the launch and management of complex patient support programs. This individual will respond to and resolve escalated customer issues and serve as a resource for internal matrix partners, and external vendors. Manages creation of reimbursement materials and validates that they meet compliance requirements and legal approval process using internal content management platforms. The Senior Manager will incorporate a patient-centric approach in their commitment to help minimize reimbursement and access barriers for BMS patients.
- Collaborate and educate matrix partners about reimbursement/access landscape (i.e., coding, reimbursement and payer polices related to Medicare, Medicare Part D, Medicaid, and Private insurance), BMS programs, policies, procedures, and resources for Oncology Buy and Bill and Specialty Pharmacy products Support a new brand or indication launch by leading development of program business rules, processes, materials, and hub, vendor, and field team training
- Develop program launch execution plan as part of launch master planning with PASS, internal matrix teams (i.e., Brand), and external vendors
- Proactively track and hold vendors accountable for Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) defined in contracts and seek out both quantitative and qualitative data (e.g., program feedback, program data)
- Collaborate with BMS Access Reimbursement Managers (ARMs) and PASS leadership on individual case management or program needs
- Coordinate services between the patient support hub, specialty pharmacies, Centers of Excellence, and other key community accounts
- Manage hub relations and activities (e.g., complex ways of working, start forms, patient contact, escalations, denials, coding, training, business reviews, staffing updates, program claims, invoices, and activity monitoring)
- Manage relationship, activities, and budget for Agency of Record (e.g., materials development, printing, invoices, etc.)
- Create and deliver engaging, effective training for internal (matrix and field teams) and external stakeholders (e.g., patient journey, start forms, access programs, disease state)
- Demonstrate deep knowledge in insurance benefit design with both commercial and government payers
- Collaborate with matrix partners to create and implement vendor contract; monitors and manages vendor contract and annual program budget
- Use data and analytical dashboards to identify and act on patient access and program performance trends
- Identify marketplace trends in the field that could apply across brands, and shares trend insights across brands to improve visibility and problem solve
- Review robust data analytics insights to continuously improve Business Rules and hub processes
- Identify program trends and shares relevant insights with external vendor partners (as appropriate) and internal matrix teams and leadership
- Collaborate with data analytics team to identify data outputs and build dashboards needed for monitoring program performance, anticipating high demand, and proactively mitigating potential problem areas
- Stay up to date and compliant with BMS compliance policy guidance, rules of engagement and business rules in general, and specific to relevant disease states
- Build and maintain relationships among PASS teammates and cross-functional stakeholders (e.g., Sales, Access Marketing, Brand, Trade, etc.) throughout the organization
- Respond to and resolves broader and more complex escalated issues
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required; advanced degree (MBA, MA Public Health, PharmD, etc.) preferred
- Candidates should have demonstrated performance in the following skills: project management, data analytics, mobilizing matrix team members and embracing teamwork in cross functional environment
- 3+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience, including 2+ years in patient services preferred, payer marketing experience is a plus
- Demonstrated relevant experience in claims reimbursement required, including billing and coding; managed care coverage processes and practices; distribution and dispensing of specialty pharmaceuticals; buy and bill models; and relevant aspects of patient support/hub services
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills are required, along with the ability to present complex information to multiple stakeholders; Candidate must act with a sense of accountability and urgency, while collaborating closely with others.
- Experience managing complex projects or programs required
- Ability to travel up to 20-30% of the time
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.