Food Services Assistant
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 3,500 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FirstEnergy Co.,a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp.
The Food Service Assistant is the “back-bone” of FirstEnergy's Cafe operations. This position supports the West Akron Campus Café in several different ways such as inventory management, sanitation, and light food preparation, all in an environment that has a high standard on safety and professionalism.
- Maintain grab-and-go inv
- Inventory within café including stocking display cases
- Assisting with delivery and retrieval of catering throughout the work location
- Maintains a clean kitchen, properly sorts and washes soiled dishes
- Occasionally supports leadership and coworkers, following well-defined practices and procedures
- Demonstrates commitment to all of FirstEnergy's core values and behaviors through daily work tasks and project assignments; embraces a safe work environment and supports a workplace of respect, appreciation, and acceptance for everyone
- Display a learning attitude toward Food Service fundamentals, including sanitation, procurement, product rotation, customer service, knife skills, and hygiene
- Occasionally demonstrating sound decision making by developing alternatives and recommendations for customers, project deliverables, and to improve work processes
- Demonstrate a questioning attitude to learn and improve upon abilities and efficiencies
- At times, display problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Able to work as part of a team
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be able to physically perform tasks involving bending, stooping, lifting up to 50 pounds, and walking and standing for extended periods of time
- Manager level ServSafe Certified or become certified within six months of hiring
- Some time management skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Deliver quality, accurate work within established deadlines
Monday - Friday
7:00am - 3:30pm
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team