Sr. Manager Global Voice and Contact Center Services
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
BMS is seeking an experienced Enterprise Voice (Telephony) and Contact Center Senior Manager that will design, implement, provide subject matter expertise and support for BMS Enterprise telephony and contact center services. This position is technical in nature, and will work closely with the Associate Director, Global Voice and Contact Center Services, cross-functional IT Core Services, Network, Access and Cyber Security engineering teams and the Enterprise Service Partner (ESP) in the support of BMS contact centers and telecommunications network service and capabilities.
- Responsible for design, testing and support of complex Contact Center application integrations and network telephony designs and projects.
- Aligns with the strategy, plans and activities of the business to properly measure and influence the overall effectiveness of the solution(s) in meeting the enterprise requirements.
- Provides direction on contact center hierarchy architecture/design, based on business requirements for contact center management and best practices.
- Collaborates with Enterprise Service Provider(s) (ESP) in translating business requirements into technical requirements for approved projects and activities.
- Performs technical evaluations of products, platforms, or 3rd party contact center solution integrations (as required).
- Develops and maintains documentation: high/low level designs, knowledge management, subject matter management policies, standards, and operational procedures
- Participate and take the lead in operational service management activities for a wide variety of enterprise voice and contact center related incidents, changes, requests and/or problems.
- Conduct design reviews and regular operational assessments with the broader team and enterprise service provider to drive continuous improvements for the platforms and related telephony and contact center services.
- Ensures that a stable operational environment is maintained for Voice and Contact Center capabilities and solutions using various monitoring/reporting systems (as available, eGain, CUIC, Verint, CDR, NetScout, etc.)
- Manages and conducts rigorous testing (as required) for any platform and/or related application upgrade releases, security patch, etc. with the ESP and business, as required, for both the production and test environments.
- Ensures all Voice and Contact Center configuration items (CI’s) are maintained in the CMDB per BMS ITIL and SDLC SOPs
- Provides technical and administrative direction to others, by training on procedures to ensure knowledge of Cloud contact center, telephony, and related solutions.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal clients, IT Business Partners, IT Core Services colleagues, and ESP(s).
- Participate in after hours on-call support rotation as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related technical field
10+ years related experience including:
- Telecommunications and networking experience required: voice and data networking, telephony capabilities and solutions such as, IVR, ACD, Call Recording, CTI, Predictive Dialing, VoIP, CRM integrations, LAN/WAN, wireless, and outside PSTN services, such as dial plans, SIP, SDWAN, MPLS, Cloud
- Proven background and expertise with telephony and call center technologies
- Experience designing, implementing, and supporting IVR design, CRM integrations, omni-channel and ACD (call flow design, agent handling techniques/algorithms including skills-based routing, advanced network routing, quality recording, WFM, CTI, predictive dialing) is required.
- Experience administering voice communication systems including IP Telephony, enterprise dial plans, unified communications, video technologies, messaging, and Call Center/ACD.
- Possess technical competency and acumen to identify any technical design impediments which may impact business services, such as call flow design, reporting inaccuracy, call handling algorithms and methodology.
- Must have a strong working technical knowledge of implementing Cisco Contact Centers, including UCCE/UCCX and Finesse, required.
- Previous experience performing technical evaluations, design, technology migrations, implementing pilots and developing support models desired.
- Operational knowledge of LAN and WAN QOS design, DNS, DHCP, domains and TCP/IP based applications, systems management and monitoring tools is desired
- ITIL v3 Certification and experience desired
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills as well as effective writing and verbal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple customer priorities at a given time.
- Ability to articulate technology to non-technical peers, management, or business teams.
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal direction.
- Knowledge of Windows OS, MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint), SharePoint, Visio, Service NOW ITSM
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.