IT Portfolio Manager, ERP and Shared Services (R447085)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
The IT ERP and Shared Services is responsible for the oversight and delivery of effective portfolio management practices, tools, and analysis across the IT ERP and Shared Services portfolios. This individual will work in coordination with the portfolio owner(s) and relevant stakeholders to maintain and manage the portfolio pipeline of demand, projects and enhancements to ensure effective tracking and delivery within all financial measures and portfolio constraints. This position monitors and provides direct support to project and release teams across the build portfolio(s) to ensure demand and build initiatives are managed and delivered with a level of rigor and discipline that complies with Global IT and Finance standards.
- Oversee the ERP and Shared Services demand pipeline to ensure new initiatives are properly evaluated through the Demand Management process with rationalization / forecast input from relevant IS stakeholders to inform portfolio standing / impact
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date tracking of financial projections across the ERP and Shared Services build portfolio(s) leveraging approved financial management practices, processes, and tools
- Track and reconcile actual financial outcomes against projections to inform go-forward forecast refinement
- Identify & mitigate all projected risks against portfolio constraints with relevant build and project resources
- Manage operational budgets across the ERP and Shared Services portfolio(s) based on portfolio financial projections and coordination with relevant operating cost / budget owners
- Create and maintain a build resource plan (in coordination with resource managers) that accounts for all resource capacity and utilization across the ERP and Shared Services portfolio(s) while informing portfolio forecast/capitalization projections
- Oversee and administer ongoing portfolio balancing to ensure the build pipeline is properly funded and resourced with respect for portfolio constraints
- Manage employee capitalization targets and tracking based on ERP and Shared Services portfolio financial projections & actuals, working closely with resource managers to ensure proper enforcement and accountability against targets
- Monitor portfolio health and financial status against relevant constraints, including: Strategic investment guidance, Portfolio budgets, BCFM/Project budgets, Vendor Contracts, and Operating budgets. Guide and support project teams to mitigate any risks or issues that are identified.
- Facilitate ongoing portfolio reporting and reviews with relevant stakeholders to ensure proper visibility to / action around current portfolio health and standing
- Partner with Finance, Project Teams, and Budget owners to ensure all financial cadences (e.g. Quarterly budgeting cycles, month-end closings, etc…) are supported by and aligned to portfolio financials
- Partner with Demand Management stakeholders to ensure that annual / in-year demand management processes are supported/informed by relevant portfolio status and financial information
- Identify and evangelize process improvement opportunities across the Global IS demand and portfolio management organization
- Establish and maintain partnerships with all relevant IS stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or General Business (or equivalent) required; MBA / master’s degree a plus
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience in a corporate IT finance, portfolio/project management role is required
- Proven experience in managing portfolio budget mechanics and processes in an information technology environment in preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and/or other information management systems required
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills required
- Ability to multi-task with frequently changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills required
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.