Manager, US Strategy | Businesses, Global and Strategic Services (BGS) (42201)
- Providing deep thinking and content on top business issues
- Executing and managing large, complicated strategy projects with multiple stakeholders, including off-shore professionals, which involve strategy development, analysis and planning for achieving business growth, performing market entry and/or expansion, and developing other strategic initiatives related to clients, services, industry programs, talent, and global network collaboration
- Working with leadership team to achieve and sustain superior overall performance
- Overseeing primary and secondary research efforts of the team
- Developing content for executive level presentations and reports to communicate and achieve buy-in for strategic recommendations
- Designing and facilitating various workshops and working sessions with Deloitte's senior executives to build understanding and drive choice
- Developing a high degree of trust with key internal client base to help manage client relationships, engagement risks, and project economics including planning and budgeting
- Working with key Strategy stakeholder groups to build cross-functional relationships across the organization
- Acting as a counselor and coach, taking responsibility for developing the careers of junior team members, and providing guidance in staff recruitment and retention activities
Part of Deloitte LLP, the internal corporate strategy team supports and leads corporate strategy focused on growth, innovation, risk, and operations within the Deloitte US firm.
- Minimum of 3+ years relevant work experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Limited travel (less than 20 percent) is required (While ~20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice).
- Master's Degree
- Prior experience with Fortune 500 internal strategy group, strategy management consulting, or similar professional services, multi-functional environment
- Track record of advising senior leaders on wide range of business issues; ability to seamlessly interact with firm leaders and their project teams
- Critical thinker but can also execute on the details
- Ability to work well under pressure and act in utmost confidentiality with sensitive leadership information
- Outstanding technical skills (Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint)
- Outstanding analytical and research skills (qualitative and quantitative)
- Superior project management, time management, and client relationship management skills.
- Able to manage several projects simultaneously and autonomously, as well as prioritize as necessary
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills
- Extremely strong interpersonal and team building skills; able to foster a cohesive and effective work environment
- Self-confidence, diplomacy, poise, business judgment, maturity, discretion, and empathy are all key attributes for success
- Problem-solver with an ability and willingness to look at issues and information in new and different ways.