Manager, Competitive Intelligence - US Strategy | Businesses, Global and Strategic Services (BGS) (48240)
- Developing subject matter expertise and delivering deep thinking related to Deloitte's businesses, competitors, and the professional services industry
- Analyzing markets, competitors, and technology trends, including synthesis of implications relevant to areas under study
- Scoping, managing, and executing projects that provide information and insight responsive to internal client needs
- Designing and executing analytic programs-including open-source research, interviews with subject matter experts, and quantitative research-that support those projects
- Leading teams of junior practitioners to gather and analyze information and develop presentations; coaching them to superior performance
- Preparing and delivering reports on findings to Deloitte's leader
Part of Deloitte LLP, CI is a distinct competency within Deloitte's internal strategy team, which supports and leads projects focused on growth, innovation, risk, and operations of Deloitte's US firm. It reports to the US Chief Strategy Officer and is part of Deloitte's Businesses, Global and Strategic Services group.
- BS/BA required; Master's degree/MBA or coursework in strategy or competitive analysis preferred
- Intellectual curiosity; professional skepticism; business, financial, and economic literacy; superior critical analysis; and cogent, persuasive expression are foundational requirements of the role.
- Exceptional standards for quality in writing, speaking, and independent thought, and a demonstrated interest in and knowledge of the professional services industry are critical to success in the role.
- Candidates with experience supporting strategy development strongly preferred. Foundational knowledge of emerging technologies and landscape (e.g., cloud, cognitive) and strong experience with data analytics and visualization software are desired.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience required
- Work experience must include experience with storyboarding and messaging for different stakeholder groups, preparing and delivering executive presentations, and project management
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel is required.
- Candidates must be self-starters and comfortable operating in virtual environments. The CI team is virtual, with members and clients in multiple regions of the US and overseas.
- Problem-solver with an ability and willingness to look at issues and information in new and different ways.
- Limited travel (less than 20 percent) is required (While ~20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice).