Student Services Assistant (459)
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
We value diversity and inclusion. We value the power of inclusive culture, so we embed diversity and inclusion in everything we do.
Pearson promotes a company culture where differences are embraced as strengths, opportunities are equal and accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all employees are given the chance to reach their full potential.Through our talent, we believe that diversity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant company. People are at the center of our company. We are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace ecosystem where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce please click here. (https://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html)
The Student Support Specialist’s primary responsibility is to build an effective, trusting relationship with each student that ultimately promotes student persistence. This includes communicating with the student in an effective manner, setting goals, advising students on effective problem solving, assessing student risk factors and responding accordingly. The Student Support Specialist is responsible for representing the University or College brand and providing students with the institutional information, guidelines, policies and procedures regarding new and returning student enrollments. This includes providing academic course requirements, course registration, and timelines to complete all items regarding their degree program or course of study. Additionally, this position is responsible for managing accurate student information regarding their progress throughout the degree program.
This is a remote work opportunity
- Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Guide and Monitor students’ progress regarding issues such as student orientation, course selection and registration, course materials, billing and navigating the online courses.
- Provide high touch support to students and act as the student’s main point of contact during their program of study.
- Follow established communication plan guidelines and protocol.
- Contact each new student to conduct a Learning Preparedness Assessment or similar process, including leading new student welcome/orientation calls. Communicate course information and required course materials to students to ensure preparedness well in advance of course start dates.
- Evaluate student’s abilities, interests and personality characteristics in order to provide regular guidance and support activities.
- Timely response to student’s inquiries – if a student inquires before noon a response is required by end of the current business day, if the student inquires after noon, a response is required before noon the next business.
- Completes all tasks as defined in the timelines assigned.
- Proactively contact students by telephone, email and other methods to build and maintain relationships.
- Acclimate new students to the learning environment including leading new student welcome/orientation calls and webinars.
- Advise students on university administrative matters (registration, withdrawal, course materials, financial aid, etc.).
- Maintain accurate and complete student enrollment records as required by university governance and all laws, policies and administrative regulations and policies, to include keeping accurate information in the CRM.
- Follow up with students that contacted Technical Support to ensure their issue is resolved.
- Identify and respond to at-risk behaviors by offering additional support and counseling.
- Meet or exceed student retention program metrics each term.
- Implement re-engagement initiatives to bring inactive students back into the program.
- Accurately and effectively communicate student feedback to internal and external departments.
- Escalate student retention concerns to Manager’s attention.
- Facilitate student requests for assistance such as contacting campus based facilitators for arranging additional academic tutoring and referring students to the appropriate university services.
- Attend all required internal and external professional meetings, telephone conferences and training workshops to maintain and improve competence.
- Using communication tools and protocol, share relevant information with other key stakeholders.
- 4-year degree from an accredited institution OR appropriate combination of experience and education.
- Minimum 1 year of previous Higher Education Administration or Student Services work experience desired.
- 2 years previous customer service experience in a high volume corporate or call center environment.
- Ability to work effectively across teams.
- Professional oral, written and communication skills for effective contact and presentation with stakeholders.
- The ability to multi-task, and work well under pressure with tight timelines.
- Must be able to perform non-local travel up to 10%.
Job: LEARNING DELIVERY
Organization: North America
Req ID: 459