Compliance Officer and Manager - Financial Services ( 588487-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
In this role, you’ll apply your Payments Risk expertise, particularly in regulatory compliance and fraud mitigation, to bring innovative concepts to life. You will be taking the lead as managing critical issuer partnerships and helping collaboratively execute key strategic initiatives.
- Own and drive the delivery of critical, large cross-functional initiatives across multiple internal and external partners.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to identify product/feature concept risks and collaboratively design solutions to mitigate them.
- Build relationships by collaborating with Engineering, Product counterparts, and other major internal stakeholders, plus a critical banking partnership.
- Apply your keen sense of prioritization to ensure external partners are being engaged strategically.
- Ensure timely execution of all project assets to meet launch dates, and help support analytics and hind-sighting post-launch.
- Design a strategic partner engagement structure that supports transparency, efficiency, and effective execution.
- Manage day-to-day tasks of project planning and execution.
- Communicate strategic milestones and due dates to all stakeholders, ensuring information is available and complete, including to executive stakeholders.
- Populate agendas for planning, kick-off, and review meetings.
- Track schedules, update reports and communicate and influence project status with stakeholders.
Where you'll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Degree in Business or related field (Finance/Accounting).
- Five or more years of operations experience in banking industry, in depth knowledge of AML/BSA/KYC/OFAC, Red Flags Rule/Identity Theft rules, Reg E, GLBA, UDAAP, Prepaid Card Rule and other related laws and regulations.
- Three or more years of program/project management experience driving development efforts for high transaction volume based services in risk, regulatory compliance, finance, banking, or a related field.
- Previous card (credit/debit/prepaid) program or card network association experience.
- Knowledge of program management for a Digital banking/prepaid card program.
- Experience in bank and/or card operations and procedures, analytics and risk management gained through formal education or relevant work experience.
- Experience managing critical external partner relationships.
- Experience in leading multiple large cross-team initiatives.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal; confidence in facilitating cross-functional team meetings to achieve results. High EQ and exceptional professional judgement are critical.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; ability to troubleshoot, juggle multiple projects and prioritize
- High energy and flexibility in a constantly-evolving team environment.
- Compliance-related professional certification, such as Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA), Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).