Technical Product Manager - Fintech and Financial Services ( 588330-1E )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is undergoing a transformation from a telecommunications company to a technology company, and we are in search of the next generation of Product Managers to help us drive forward. We are dedicated to providing growth opportunities for committed and ambitious teammates. With the opportunity to influence the lives of 100M+ consumers, it is an exciting time to be at Verizon and help launch innovative products.
As a Product Manager within the financial services team, you will take part in almost every phase of the product lifecycle.
Our team is passionate about early-stage ideation and product development. We regularly pitch new product ideas to executive leadership. Once approved, we work with in-house development teams, partners and vendors to quickly prototype, trial, and launch products. But it doesn’t stop there. We also own the delivery and development of multiple in-market products with millions of customers and billions of interactions, products that we are always looking to improve upon.
That’s where you come in.
- Identifying customer pain points and unmet needs in the Fintech vertical.
- Defining early product visions.
- Demonstrating a portfolio-focused approach to strategy.
- Developing and refining roadmaps.
- Reviewing design flows with product and design teams.
- Conducting customer research and feedback initiatives.
- Producing mockups and optimized flows based on research.
- Collating and synthesizing broad feedback from cross functional teams.
- Reviewing and guiding marketing copy and content.
- Defining user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Assigning sprint objectives and story priorities.
- Coordinating releases and downstream communications.
- Conducting user acceptance testing and ensuring QA sign-off.
- Collecting and analyzing product analytics from self-serve tools.
- Organizing and presenting findings on product impacts.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or years of experience launching digital products and features, with a heavy focus on native mobile clients.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Three or more years of experience with B2C products in FinTech.
- Two plus years of experience with designing and measuring KPI’s, OKR’s and/or product analytics.
- Demonstrable Project and Product Management processes and tools (e.g. Jira, Project Plans, Executive Status reporting).
- G-Suite and Office skills (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Basic understanding of mobile SDK’s and web API’s.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% or less.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).