Associate Director, Value, Access, Pricing and Patient Services
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
BMS is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, and spirit of independence and love of challenge.
The Associate Director, will be responsible for overseeing Compliance for Value, Access, Pricing and Patient Services (VAP/PASS), covering all brands at BMS. This position will independently ensure that all areas of VAP/PASS operate compliantly within U.S. federal and state laws and regulations and BMS’ Business Policies.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve as Compliance Business Partner for the VAP/PASS organization
- Identify potential areas of risk and develop plan of action to address those areas of risk, including but not limited to working closely with Legal
- Take a leading role in establishing and implementing remedial activities for audit findings and interacting and following through with VAP/PASS and functional heads for corrective actions and implementation
- Collaborate with other members of the US compliance team to help harmonize compliance processes and implement harmonized processes in VAP/PASS
- Develop and conduct training on new and current policies and procedures in VAP/PASS
- Implement risk assessment process in the respective business unit
- Establish a network of Integrity Champions in VAP/PASS to integrate compliance messaging and concepts into established business training cycles
- Work with the global compliance & ethics team on advancing our compliance monitoring & analytics activities and implementing VAP/PASS
- Lead the Global Compliance Risk Management initiative for the US organization
- Bachelor’s Degree. Advanced degree (MBA, CPA, JD) preferred
- Strong business acumen, especially in the fields of market access, PAP, Copay, Business Rules development, and Rules of Engagement
- Understands the acquisition, dispensing and reimbursement processes for specialty medications for both pharmacy and medical benefits
- Broad knowledge of all relevant laws/regulations and deeper knowledge of relevant laws/ regulations in assigned disciplines
- Independent thinker
- Teamwork and collaboration skills, and ability to influence without authority
- Willingness and ability to identify and investigate areas of potential risk
- Demonstrate strong analytical competence
- Strong project management skills
- Exceptional oral presentation skills and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be able to self-motivate and demonstrate leadership skills with the ability to perform effectively without supervision
- A minimum of 5 years of pharma experience with 3+ years’ experience in Patient Services with a proven history of increasing responsibilities and accomplishment is preferred
Key Internal/External Partners:
- Legal and Compliance
- Commercial Operations
- External Hub Services vendors
- Sales Training & Market Access Training
- US Marketing
- Sales & Sales Leadership
- Market Access Senior Leadership
- All Relationships across US Market Access
- Pricing & Contracting
- Channel Marketing
- National Account Executives (Managed Care and Specialty)
- Sales Operations
- All Patient Support/Reimbursement Vendors
BMS Leadership Competencies:
- Drive Innovation
- Shape Strategy
- Promotes Open Communication
- Demonstrate Adaptability
- Foster Teamwork
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.