Associate Director, Patient Access and Support Services, Insights and Analytics
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Associate Director is a key role in developing the Patient Access and Support Services (PASS) Insights and Analytics vision and roadmap BMS Specialty Pharmacy brands. This role is ideal for someone with expertise in Patient Hub and Specialty Pharmacy data and working knowledge of reimbursement and affordability programs. The Associate Director will be embedded with the PASS team, supporting their efforts to drive excellence for a new product launch and to ensure patient service vendors deliver exceptional customer experience. The individual will be responsible for leading the integration and analysis of Patient Hub and Specialty Pharmacy data to create actionable insights, reports and tactics that shape decisions and drive organizational improvements for the PASS organization.
Key Responsibilities and Major Duties
- Architect the PASS Analytics strategic roadmap and capabilities for BMS launch products
- Partner with PASS, Brand and Data Strategy leadership to ensure analytics roadmap and solutions are aligned with strategic imperatives and operational requirements
- Translate knowledge into illustrative patient journeys and analytics to uncover gaps highlight opportunities for efficiencies
- Oversee development and maintenance of performance dashboards for monitoring key aspects of Hub and Field Reimbursement operations
- Enable seamless development, execution, and evaluation of ad-hoc requests, ensuring all questions and investigations are researched and responded to appropriately to the relevant stakeholders
- Recommend and implement advanced analytical tools, including AI/ML based models, to monitor and improve PASS, Hub and ARM program performance
- Ensure compliance through coordination with legal and compliance teams for new Patient Services program data, reports, and analytics related to new or existing service providers
- Collaborate with Data Strategy peers, BI&A Matrix, IT, and PASS team members to improve HUB data quality and availability
- Develop deep understanding of covered disease states, treatment landscapes, and market access
- Manage workload prioritization of on-site/offshore consultant support and leverage other teams within BI&A and across BMS to successfully achieve business objectives
- Mentor and train new or existing team members and BI&A colleagues
Qualifications and Competencies
- BA/BS degree or equivalent required, advanced degree preferred
- At least 7 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry with a preference of at least two years of experience in patient services, specialty pharmacy, or related role
- Proven leadership in the pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry. Understanding of analytical and insight generation approaches in the biopharma industry including descriptive analytics, business intelligence and reporting.
- Broad knowledge of pharmaceutical data sources such as Hub, Specialty Pharmacy Data, 852/867 distribution data, Health System/Payer – Plan hierarchies
- Operational experience with aggregation of Patient Hub or Specialty Pharmacy data
- In-depth understanding of data use cases in pharmaceutical access and reimbursement programs including patient journey analysis, performance management and field deployment
- Ability to draw inferences from disparate pieces of data, identify key findings, link to implications, and provide recommendations in a digestible and business-friendly format
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work with diverse teams across organizational lines and structures and negotiate with stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to use data to drive decision making within the organization
- Proficiency in data analytics tools such as Excel, SQL, SAS, MicroStrategy & Tableau
- Understanding of healthcare related regulations and their impacts on healthcare data usage
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in fast-paced, deadline driven, entrepreneurial environment
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.