Donor Services Associate (786441000)
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Our dynamic Development Department is responsible for raising over $500 million annually in funds in order to meet the financial needs of our organization.
The Technology, Product and Services team is responsible for managing a best-of-breed technology ecosystem, developing efficient processes, supporting department wide strategy and planning and stewarding donors with exceptional service.
Are you a people person with excellent communication skills and a passion for helping others? Do you take pride in problem solving and staying on top of important details? If so, we would love to hear from you.
Doctors Without Borders is seeking a Donor Services Associate to work in our office. In this role, you will serve as one of the primary points of contact for our donors, helping answer their questions, solve their problems, and facilitate their donations. You will provide high-quality customer service both on the phone and through e-mail all year round. You will represent Doctors Without Borders to the public with warmth, tact and diplomacy, and help our donors understand the critical role they play in our lifesaving work.
This is an opportunity for a detail-oriented, reliable, and self-motivated person looking to get experience in speaking with donors and working on a fast paced, high volume team. You will be an integral part of a supportive, energetic and committed nonprofit fundraising team.
In this role, you will report to the Donor Services Manager. Your responsibilities will include:
Providing Donor support (100%)
- Answer prospective and current donors’ questions by phone, e-mail and help them understand the important work they support.
- Patiently and diligently address donors’ complex questions about donations, receipting, and other issues to give them the best possible experience with MSF.
- Regularly review and update the donor database with relevant codes and notes so the team can track donor trends and histories.
- Provide administrative support for all fundraising units ensuring donations of all amounts are safely processed and acknowledged.
- Support donor account data hygiene projects with strong attention to detail and follow-through to ensure accurate reporting.
- Work closely with our monthly giving team to ensure donors with pledge commitments receive timely support for their inquiries.
- Provide support to our caging and keying partner on donor inquiries that need additional assistance.
You are a strong, clear, and tactful communicator with excellent judgement skills. You pay strong attention to quality, detail, and accuracy.
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience, preferably in a non-profit development or marketing environment.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communications skills.
- Excellent writing and editing skills; ability to write in a clear, concise, warm, and accessible tone for print, phone, email, and websites.
- Proven administrative skills, including keen attention to detail and accuracy, 100% follow-through, and ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
- Strong computer skills, including ability to use Word, Excel, and database software, ability to search the internet for research purposes, and ability to quickly learn new software.
- An ability and willingness to embrace and represent the Doctors Without Borders mission and voice.
- A quick and adaptive learner, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to stay calm and tactful under deadline pressure and when dealing with difficult donor questions or unhappy callers.
- Prior experience working in Revolution Online (ROI), Raisers Edge or other donor database.
Submissions without cover letter will not be reviewed. We do not accept phone calls during the recruitment process.
Please note that neither relocation assistance nor visa sponsorship will be offered for this position.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled.
Expected to work in a hybrid remote work environment with the ability to come into either the NYC office or regional hub (Washington, DC or Bay Area, California) a minimum of 2 times a week.
MSF-USA/Doctors Without Borders is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No employee, or applicant for employment, shall be discriminated against in any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. We are constantly striving to make our organization anti-racist. Diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. As an employee, you become part of that mission. We expect this same commitment from our staff.
Pay Class & Contract Type
Regular FT Salaried Exempt
Starting salary Low 60s to Mid 60s (commensurate with experience)
Working Time (Hours Per Week)