Coordinator Support Services - Kamloops (87926)
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:Pursuant to the Government of Canada’s mandate that all federally regulated employers require their employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, CP requires all prospective employees to confirm their vaccination status as part of the hiring process and as a condition of continued employment.
- Req ID: [[id]]
- Department: [[filter6]]
- Job Type: [[jobLevel]]
- Position Type: [[relocationPack]]
- Location: [[filter3]], [[filter2]]
- Country: [[filter1]]
- % of Travel: [[travel]]
- # of Positions: [[numberOpenings]]
- Job Available to: [[jobAvailable]]
- Deadline to apply: [[closeDate]]
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
As the Coordinator Support Services you will support Canadian Operations management and staff by providing administrative support in a varied range of duties.
- Maintaining files and records/Western Region Website;
- Providing executive office admin support to Superintendents, Subordinates and General Manager (as needed)
- Onboarding, systems access, office lines;
- Monitor/Office supplies inventory and orders;
- Plan meetings/events/functions;
- Completing expenses reconciliations;
- Vacation relief and back up to other coordinator supports;
- Presentation Preparation;
- Assist Support Other Departments as needed;
- Distribute CP documentation: timetables, rule/emergency response books;
- Process all recall/decline letters, send via courier, follow up with HR to change status;
- Book travel arrangements: hotel/flights/lodging T&E employees;
- Complete status change forms and provide RTW packages;
- Provide general support of visitors/site coordinator: projects/renovations/emergencies, floods, heating/cooling, monthly inspections fire/extinguishers;
- Complete weekly on-call managers list, maintain contact lists;
- Assist Health & Safety Committees as required;
- Create E-Requests: Onboarding, systems access, office lines.
- Input of unionized discipline and discipline record maintenance.
- Handling all incoming and outgoing mail, courier services, etc.
- Prepares various bulletins and reports as required;
- Other duties as required.
- Must Possess a minimum of a High School diploma; Post-secondary is preferred;
- Previous experience as an office coordinator or in a similar role would be considered an asset;
- Experience using SAP systems;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint;
- Working knowledge of office equipment, printers and fax machines;
- Planning and organizational skills;
- Must be team oriented.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").