Patient Services Representative WellMed at W Tidwell Bilingual preferred (107204793)
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Patient Services Coordinator and Scheduler performs a wide variety of duties associated with patient services. This position is responsible for all components of the patient experience ranging from patient in-take, office visit, patient close-out, and appointment scheduling. The position also oversees the reporting function for the clinic including compliance specific reports as well as corporate statistics.
- Prepare weekly reports including documentation for management regarding the status of Data Rap appointments and general patient information
- Oversee the membership report and ensure that information provided by the information technology department is updated on a bi-weekly basis to reflect all current patient data
- Coordinate initial patient contact and ensures patient eligibility to clinic and verifies that the appropriate primary care physician is listed prior to setting up appointments
- Prepare and mails out new patient packets to include welcome letter, magnets, bios, and appointment confirmation dates
- Initiate Comfort Care appointments for patients as needed and trouble shoots problems that may arise between Comfort Care and the patient
- Complete a monthly membership report to review new members and to check for patients that are not reachable
- Coordinate with PHC customer service for patients that are not reachable as well as involving management to take next steps to follow-up with the patient
- Validate patients’ attestation sheets and conduct research to determine if and when a patient may need a follow-up visit
- Coordinate with the physicians and ensures a timely submission of the attestation sheets to the Data Rap department
- Review and tracks the Data Rap process to ensure patients are scheduled in a timely manner and or re-schedule as needed
- Provide customer service to patients in person and via phone
- Greet patients as they arrive and ensure appropriate paperwork and accompanying documentation is completed and collected for patient file and billing
- Input and/or update patient demographic information in RIS and advises on the collection of patient payment
- Schedule routine and follow-up appointments. Reviews all incoming faxes and routes to the appropriate area of the clinic
- Serve as a team lead as needed by the Clinic Administrator or Supervisor, Clinic Operations
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience working in a medical office
- Proficient in PC software computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and other departmental specific programs / applications
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy
- Planning, organizing, conflict resolution, negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Independent problem identification/resolution and decision-making skills
- Prioritize, plan, and handle multiple tasks, demands simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.