Billing Services Representative - Renton, WA (107330293)
Opportunities with Genoa Healthcare. A career with Genoa Healthcare means you're part of a collaborative effort to serve behavioral health and addiction treatment communities. We do more than just provide medicine: we change lives for the better. People with serious mental or chronic illness - and those who care for them - have moving stories, and at Genoa we become their voice, their partner. Working as part of a coordinated care team, we partner with community-based providers and others to ensure that people with complex health conditions get the right medications and are able to follow their treatment plans. Our personalized services - in-clinic pharmacies, medication management and more - are leading the way to a new level of care.
Genoa is a pharmacy care services company that is part of Optum and UnitedHealth Group’s family of businesses. We are part of a leading information and technology-enabled health services business dedicated to making the health system work better for everyone. Take a closer look to learn why a career with Genoa Healthcare might be the path to discovering your life's best work.(sm)
We are seeking a Billing Services Representative to add to our Billing Services Team. They will be working directly with the Billing Services Manager to help track the daily work activities that are performed by the team as well as ensure that all facility accounts are current each month. There is a strong emphasis on resolving account delinquency and arranging payment to minimize loss to the organization.
- Advises Facility Payers and Genoa Directors of Operations of necessary actions and strategies for debt repayment
- Interacts with other departments, help ensure that all invoicing and collection efforts are completed each month
- Utilizes automation application to create and send Payer invoices each month, pull monthly charges from ProScript2000 for Facility Payer and create monthly invoices using the Open Item Report and Gross Margin by RX Report
- Follows appropriate procedures for follow-up on Facility payment and collection of overdue open balances including recording information regarding status of collection efforts
- Opens Item A/R review; Locate and monitor overdue accounts, review A/R spreadsheets, research, and resolution of charges (pulling checks, verify payment info, etc.)
- Re-bills, transfers, adjusts, and writes-off charges in ProScript System
- Reviews and resolves problems concerning the provision of pharmacy services which impact the ability to collect on charges
- Upholds Medicare, Medicaid, and HIPAA compliance guidelines in relation to billing, collections, and PHI information
- Work schedule needs to change to meet deadlines or deliverables as assigned by the Billing Services Manager, Billing Services Lead, or Executive Management. This is a requirement during End of Month Close
- Other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent years of working experience
- 1+ years of experience in a related environment (i.e., office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
- Experience in billing or collections
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Experience with Accounts Receivable and a strong understanding of reimbursement and AR aging
- Experience with billing and collections in the healthcare or pharmacy field
- Customer Service Experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, with intermediate level of Excel and understanding of pivot tables
- Ability to problem solve and work independently and pay close attention to detail
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a diverse environment
- Ability to adapt, organize, prioritize, and manage various work assignments in a fast-paced environment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.