Patient Services Representative - WellMed at Port St. Lucie, FL (108991795)
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Let’s talk about meaningful work, an important role and a career move that can transform your future. At WellMed, a part of OptumCare and the growing UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we focus on prevention and the complete coordination of care for our patients. Join us and you’ll be part of a team dedicated to patient-centered, safe and effective health care. Your skills and talents will make an important impact on our patients while you open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization.
Schedule is Monday-Friday: 8:00 am-5:00 pm.
- Greet patients as they arrive and manages 20-minute wait time
- Assist patient with intake processes including copying required documents
- Collect co-payments, co-insurance and deductibles and issues receipts
- Manage cashier box and daily deposits according to company policies
- Process walk-in patients and visitors
- Answer phones and schedule appointments
- Manage medical records (maintains, files / scans, prepares for schedule)
- Ensure all correspondence is scanned and / or filed in a timely manner
- Process requests for medical records release and maintains appropriate logs
The pace is fast, so your ability to multi-task is essential. You should also enjoy working with people and have the communication skills necessary to build strong relationships with our customers.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of medical office experience including data entry
- Working knowledge of medical office procedures and medical terminology
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- ICD 9 and CPT coding experience
If the hired individual resides in Florida (office based or telecommuting) this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.