Supportive Care PSR - Patient Services Representative - Tampa, FL (109571301)
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Supportive Care PSR is responsible for scheduling all new patient evaluations, follow up appointments, answering phones and mapping routes for home visits.
- Schedules all new patient evaluations for Supportive Care
- Schedules all follow up appointments for Supportive Care Providers, RNs, SWs and LVN/LPNs
- Responsible for mapping patient home visit driving routes for Supportive Care providers using web based applications
- Completes intake for all new patient referrals
- Updates and maintains master list of Supportive Care Patients for reports.
- Answer phones, resolves call or routes to appropriate contact
- Maintains timely and accurate documentation of all patient interactions
- Manages medical records (Requests, verifies receipt of, maintains, files/scans, prepares for schedule)
- Ensures all correspondence is scanned and/or filed in timely manner
- Processes requests for medical records release and maintains appropriate logs, etc
- Greets patients as they arrive and manages 20 minute wait time (As applicable)
- Assists patients with intake processes including copying required documents (As applicable)
- Collects co-payments, co-insurance and deductibles and issues receipts (As applicable)
- Manages cashier box and daily deposits according to company policies (As applicable)
- Processes walk-in patients and visitors (As applicable)
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school graduate or GED required
- 1+ years of related work experience including data entry
- Experience with navigating Internet tools such as Google Map and Map Quest
- Working knowledge of medical office procedures and medical terminology
- Efficient with Microsoft Office applications to include Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to accurately sort and file materials by alphabetic or numeric systems
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- ICD 9 and CPT coding experience
- Experience in a physician’s office, clinical or hospital setting
- Working knowledge of EMR and TruCare.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) language proficiency
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using up to 100 pounds of force
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to properly drive and operate a company vehicle
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
- Occasionally requires exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.