Field Services Representative (100368)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Customer oriented
- Computer literate
- Operate and monitor water treatment plant and various remote sites
- Obtains samples and perform applicable laboratory analysis
- Capable of reading and interpreting all gauges, graphs, and other SCADA devices used in treatment facility
- Preform maintenance work as required
- Read maps, mechanical and electrical drawings
- Drive company vehicle in all weather and light conditions (must have valid Indiana Driver’s license)
- Understand and comply with company procedures as they relate to area of responsibility
- Work with and around various chemicals associated with water industry
- Verbal communications – in-person, telephone, and video conferencing
- Operation of laptop computer (Tough book)
The current work schedule for this position is Monday through Friday 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM with a one-half hour unpaid lunch break.
- The appropriate Indiana Department of Environmental Management Certification (WT-3) (DSL) (A-SO) shall be required within two years.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.