Field Services Representative (101112)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for American Water to evaluate decisions about new regulations, reintegration, and safe operating practices, all employees are required to report their vaccination status.Primary Role
To perform work under a team concept on the distribution system including new construction, customer services, meter installations and meter reading as assigned by supervisor. To make decisions within the guidelines established by supervisor necessary to carry out and complete work assignments. To make decisions within the guidelinesKey Accountabilities
- Locates, accesses, and operates company facilities such as, but not limited to, curb stops, gate valves, shutoff valves, and plumbing fixtures.
- Investigates and diagnoses hydraulic variations that may adversely impact customer service, and initiates corrective action.
- Changes, installs, and removes meters 5/8" to 2" and appurtenances. Responds to and conducts inspections for high bill complaints.
- Performs shut offs for non-pay and co-term.
- Performs turn offs and turn ons.
- Accurately measures pressure and flow at meter and completes report.
- Attempts initial correction for pressure issue (curb box operation or meter change).
- Investigates stub service accounts to ensure the integrity of company facilities. Performs and completes various Advantex orders.
- Restores service to frozen company facilities.
- Records pertinent data and maintains accurate records.
- Responds to inquiries accurately and professionally and, when necessary, involves the appropriate individuals to resolve customer and company-related issues and to achieve the highest level of customer service in all areas of responsibility.
- Removes debris/water from company facilities including, but not limited to, meter tiles and curb and valve boxes.
- Accurately records situation codes in the field to report conditions that may adversely impact customer service, the public safety, as well as situations that may result in potential damage to company facilities.
- Obtains and records water meter readings in company's service area to ensure accurate billing of customers' accounts within established timeframes.
- Conducts water loss audits including, but not limited to, pipe and fixture inspections and usage patterns at customers' accounts.
- May be assigned to perform any responsibility that lies within the capability of the employee based on experience, knowledge, qualifications, and training.
- Must possess geographical knowledge of the company's service area and established meter routes.
- Working knowledge of company policies, procedures, and safety practices, as well as federal regulations regarding confined spaces applicable to area of assigned responsibility.
- High school graduate or state recognized Educational Equivalency Certificate.
- Work is indoors and outdoors.
- Required to work in all adverse weather conditions; e.g., rain, snow, sleet, heat.
- Daily local travel.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.