Radiology Services Supervisor - Westborough, Shrewsbury, Milford and Southborough, MA (110968878)
**2500 Sign-On Bonus for External Hires**
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.
Supervises assigned employees and activities for the efficient administration of radiology x-ray activities. Coordinates radiology activities in the general x-ray department. Provides direct radiology care as required.
- Supervises assigned personnel including performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation, and training. Makes recommendations on employee hire, transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and other similar actions
- Resolves grievances and other personnel problems within position responsibilities. Provides input based on observations related to counseling and disciplinary issues. Implements corrective actions plans as required
- May process payroll for assigned staff following standard procedures
- Maybe responsible for Leader Standard Work
- Plans, implements and evaluates the radiology staffing needs on a daily basis to adequately support patient care in a given area; assigns radiology staff based upon patient acuity, practice volume, staff qualifications and standard policy
- Assist Manager or others in responding to patient concerns as needed. Monitors and addresses patient complaints within position responsibility. Ensures the highest level of patient satisfaction. Works with physicians and others to address and prevent problems
- Provides effective direction, guidance, and leadership over the radiology staff for effective teamwork and motivation, and fosters the effective integration of efforts with clinic-wide initiatives
- Participates in the development and recommendation of the operating and capital budgets for the areas managed. Manages activities to ensure financial goals met. Monitors expenditures for compliance to approved budget. Resolves discrepancies
- Coordinates the assignment of tasks and helps resolve technical and operational problems. Evaluates the impact of solutions to ensure goals are achieved
- Assist in developing policies and programs within the department; acts as a positive role model for staff
- Creates an environment that nurtures empowerment of radiology staff members; encourages the development of self-directed work teams; proactively pursue and encourage continuous quality management and innovation
- Ensures consistency of quality of exams for all staff and acts as expert for technical quality and competence. Provides “expert” intervention, coverage, and troubleshooting
- Maintains maximum equipment operation levels by monitoring problems scheduling repairs and PM’s
- Regularly schedules staff meetings and QIT for continuity of service and updates
- Works with other departments/managers to resolve issues and implement changes
- Represents department/site at meetings and responds to requests from managers, MD’s and other areas
- Remains current in health care and technical trends specific to modality. Maintains current knowledge of new techniques within the specialty field
- To maintain technical proficiency, provides a minimum of 50% of authorized hours to direct patient care
- Provides appropriate in-service and/or individualized training as may be needed
- Identifies methods of improvement and creative work flow
- Responsible for all identified weekly/monthly reports including payroll, patient and exam volume, budget analysis, quality assurance, repeat analysis, etc.
- Provides “expert input” regarding development of area specific expectations, protocols and procedures
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies such as DPH, etc. Develops and maintains procedures necessary to meet regulatory requirement
- Ensures that assigned area comply with clinic established policies, quality assurance programs, safety, and infection control policies and procedures
- Ensures adequate equipment and supplies for assigned area
- Ensures compliance to all health and safety regulations and requirements
- Performs similar or related duties as required or directed
- Regular, reliable and predicable attendance
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts Registered Radiologic License
- Current CPR certification
- Meets ARRT continuing education requirements
- Current Registration and/or certification in supervisory modality
- 3+ years radiologic experience, with two years additional front-line supervisory or equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge of various software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, team building and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability to include problem solving skills and the ability to communicate via written reports
Unless certification, licensure or registration is required, an equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in this description, may be substituted for the above requirements.
- Physical health sufficient to meet the ergonomic standards and demands of the position
The Organization reserves the right to modify position responsibilities at any time, due to business necessity.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Registered Nurse Supervisor, Internal Medicine, Southborough, MA, Massachusetts