Supervisor - IT Support Services
Supervisor - IT Support Services (Job Number: 2300342 )
This person will supervise in a customer-facing role, a team of Technologists who work in a “Support Center” environment, which provides end user technical support for Penske Logistics critical applications 7 x 24 x 365. The support team is comprised of both Penske associates and offshore contractors. The Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the Support Specialists and Analysts are able to resolve and or escalate issues related to the following applications, but not limited to: Oracle OTM, JDA TM, Mercury Gate, XRS, Expert Fuel, and TMW Route Tracker. The team is responsible for scanner support including procurement, hardware repair coordination, obsolescence management, mobile device management, and maintaining a small pool of surplus devices. Additionally, cell phone repairs and reporting is also performed by this team. The Supervisor will ensure customers are serviced in a timely manner, and service is meeting or exceeding expectations at all times. The Supervisor is responsible for monitoring inbound workloads and staffing schedules including the offshore team. The Supervisor must understand computer technology and Penske’s critical applications and be able to create standard documentation for support. They are responsible for daily, weekly, and monthly reporting to management. Will create and execute corrective action plans, and act as an escalation point for issues, customer satisfaction concerns, and new technologies.
Dimensions / Scope:
Has a large amount of responsibility that is monitored with minimal supervision.
Accountable for own and the team’s responsibilities assigned and as directed by Management.
Interacts daily with customers both internally and externally.
Small responsibility over budgeting or P&L
- Customers are primarily: PL users, external customers using the PL Applications (Internal and External), Management, other IT Teams, including PTL, and vendors.
- Must be knowledgeable of Company utilized hardware and software.
- Large amount of responsibility and is monitored with minimal supervision.
- Expected to develop their own and the team’s decision-making, problem solving, analytical, communication, and team processing skills.
- Expected to interact with all other IT teams, Infrastructure Support, Implementation Teams, Application developers, DBA’s, IT Service Desk and Management on a daily basis regarding new implementations or troubleshooting major issues or outages.
- Must know all the available resources across the Enterprise when additional support is required and be able to escalate any type of issue.
- Interact with team and internal/external customers on a daily basis
- Expected to manage all aspects of a Support Center, including managing staff, new business, work volumes, aging issues, etc.
- Investigate and respond to user feedback based on the comments provided
- Monitor the troubleshooting of application reported issues, through to closure.
- Understands and demonstrates the importance of customers to the organization’s success
- Must have a demonstrated ability to use basic computer programs (e.g. Access or Excel)
- Have an understanding of all Penske proprietary software applications
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills to provide presentations and reports to all levels of management
- Must be able to demonstrate critical thought processes
- Attend training classes internal and external to stay abreast of new technology as it would affect our Penske environment
- Have a thorough understanding of all escalation procedures
Customer’s Expectations of this Role:
- Expected to handle each customer with exceptional customer service.
- Expected to respond quickly to business outages
- Expected to be knowledgeable of general computer technology and expert on Penske specific applications
- Expected to follow through on all escalated items to ensure problems get resolved and customers are kept aware of progress made and/or next steps
- Approachable and have a thorough understanding of the company policy and procedures as they pertain to support
- Keep Management up to date on support issues or concerns
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate’s, Technical, or Bachelor’s degree preferred (Business Management, Information Systems), advanced degrees or certifications preferred
- Previous Logistics / Transportation experience preferred
- Quality training in either Six Sigma or Lean Process improvement
- 5 - 10 years of functional experience
- Must Have Prior Supervisory Experience / training
Dedicated to Excellence
Values Fresh Thinking
- Focus on customers
- Take responsibility - Communicate effectively
- Behave ethically
- Work efficiently
- Drive process improvement
- Achieve results
- Think big
- Create opportunities
- Foster diversity
- Technical Knowledge
- Customer Service Skills
- Communication Skills
- Problem Analysis
- Develop others
- Build teams
- Promote high standards
- Demonstrate leadership
- Champion ideas
- Project Management
- Business Knowledge
Knowledge and Technical Skill Requirements:
- Must be knowledgeable of computer technology and should be able to assist in resolving issues.
- Thorough understanding of all Windows and Office Suites supported.
- Project Management skills.
- Transportation experience preferred
Soft Skill Requirements:
- Written and oral interpersonal communication skills
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Customer focus
- Ability to work independently or on a team
- Time management
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Approachable and understanding of personal needs
Work Locations :3000 Auburn Dr 3000 Auburn Dr
Beachwood, OH 44122
Primary Location : United States-Ohio-Beachwood
Job : Information Technology
Req ID: 2300342