Senior Manager, Oncology WW Scientific Content and US Market Capabilities (R1558212-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The primary responsibility for the WW Scientific Content and US Market Capabilities Senior Manager is the development and execution of a comprehensive, globally-aligned, strategic market medical content plans to support the effective communication of data and launch for safe and effective use of BMS medicines.
- Develop and update local market medical content (standard response documents, reactive slides decks) per clinical development program, publications, data presentations, congress activity, MI inquiry trends, global communication platform, product safety reports and treatment landscape
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders (WW Pub leads, WW/US Medical, Field Medical) to identify pertinent data and solicit functional expertise when needed to ensure scientific content are developed with a high degree of medical integrity, accuracy and clinical and payer relevance
- Lead through close partnership with WW Pubs leads, Contact Center leads, and WW/US Medical in the development of scientific content
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure a consistent scientific narrative and communication of medical information
- Support the global standardization of Medical content to streamline creation, distribution and curation of content while eliminating redundancies in resource utilization and deliverables
- Analyze and interpret scientific data to update or develop comprehensive, balanced, credible and accurate documents that comply with applicable laws, regulations, guidance and BMS policies and procedures
- Collaborate closely with the Medical Capabilities Customer Engagement & Contact Center, to inform on new content deliverables and consult on training/messaging for new scientific data
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects, provide solutions to complex problems, and delivers complete and accurate information within deadlines
- Work effectively as a member of the US Medical Matrix Team and other core Medical teams by contributing to development strategic Medical Plans, communicating insights and trends from WW/US Medical, WW Pubs, and Field Medical and identifying and delivering content to address WW/US Market unmet medical needs
- Translate medical strategies and objectives into actionable content (medical communication) plans for the US/WW (ensures customization or de novo content generation needs are met with quality and speed); integrated content plans that are comprehensive (representing all functions with ongoing data generation) and globally aligned
- Ensure effective rollout and communication occurs, feedback loops are implemented, and continuous improvement opportunities are identified for content development
- Develop, maintains and enhances a high level of knowledge in the respective therapeutic area(s) to provide high quality medical communication support
- Manage day to day finances, contracting and vendor agency partnership to drive planning and execution of US Market content deliverables
- PharmD, PhD, with minimum of 5-7 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry or scientific communications agency specifically related to medical affairs, medical information or medical communications
- Expert clinical, pharmacological and pharmaceutical knowledge and thorough understanding of medical terminology as well as of the function, activities and processes of Medical Affairs
- Knowledge and experience in disease areas and treatment options with scientific expertise oncology strongly preferred
- Expertise in understanding and communicating health economic information across various types of resources strongly preferred
- Expertise across all aspects of scientific communication strategy, planning and execution during all phases of drug development and commercialization process (investigational, registration, pre & post-launch and marketed) desirable
- Must have experience working in highly matrix environment across a broad range of functional areas and effectively collaborating with the Medical Affairs, Health Outcomes, R&D, regulatory, legal and commercial teams
- Understands the needs of health care professionals and demonstrates an understanding of pharmaceutical industry regulations
- Demonstrated ability to manage various projects, solve problems, deliver on commitments, and work with multidisciplinary teams
- Proficient at managing multiple, complex and competing priorities; Strong time management and project management skills; capable of expert coverage across multiple disease states
- Knowledge of BMS products or related disease states
- Knowledge of the field of medical information and medical communication, including the applicable legal, regulatory and compliance framework surrounding the communication of medical information and health economics information
- Knowledge of management information systems, databases and digital application of information
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communications competency; attentive listening skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; strong attention to detail
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.