Manager, Transformation and Strategy-Office of the CEO OptumRx (107890468)
Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Manager Transformation & Strategy reports to the Chief of Staff to the CEO of OptumRx. This role serves support the Chief of Staff and CEO OptumRx determine, articulate and execute the business vision, mission, strategies and tactics to drive growth, affordability, accessibility, advocacy, synergy, quality, innovation and relationships. The Manager Transformation & Strategy assumes responsibility for supporting strategic initiatives and projects, responding to requests, and serving as a key contact for the Chief of Staff & CEO, and Executive Leadership within OptumRx and across the enterprise, as needed.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Executive Team Operations
- Aligns and synchronizes OptumRx’s overarching business initiatives and priorities in partnership with the CEO. Supports on matters of importance and assumes responsibility for filtering and coordinating projects and responding to prioritized requests. Manages information flow to and from the CEO to help facilitate decisions being made in a timely manner
- Prepares and coordinates resources and materials for critical meetings including Quarterly Earnings Release, Investor’s Conference and Board of Director meetings
- Supports and leadership meetings (staff, Performance & Strategy, Strategic Priorities Council), deep dives and other leadership forums as needed. Manages the agenda, material preparation and follow up to represent the key initiatives and the overall priorities of the business. Ensures and supports the completion of assigned actions across the extended leadership team
- Gathers and deciphers critical documents and information, investigates and thoroughly answers critical questions, and ensures timely follow up of all action items
- Develops consistency with regard to presentations, CEO reports, Board of Directors' reports, investor presentations, external correspondence, staff meetings, etc. Assists in ensuring meeting agendas represent the key initiatives and the overall priorities of the business
- Business and Strategic Planning
- Supports development of the strategic plan, long range plan and annual business plans in conjunction with CEO, OptumRx Executives, Finance and other functional teams, providing insight and recommendations and ensuring alignment.
- Manages OptumRx’s MBOs, ensures alignment across the executive team to deliver against the MBOs and tracks/monitors progress
- Tracks progress against plan, identifies any deviations and suggests plans to remediate; provides reports and analysis as required
- Key Strategic Initiatives
- Accountable for supporting strategic initiatives as assigned across OptumRx and outward to Optum and UHC to accelerate business results and drive effective synergy alignment and collaboration. Supporting partnerships with internal stakeholders across the enterprise who are contributing to the initiatives. Examples include: relationship between OptumRx client management and UHC, and supporting programs that intersect between OptumRx and OptumHealth such as Diabetes management
- Provide executive oversight and guidance to major projects that impact market results of customers and consumers. Manage joint scorecards, track goals and milestones of major projects/ initiatives and communicate status and results, to ensure internal and external coordination and a unified approach to the market and associated constituents
- Supports OptumRx’s M&A strategy and roadmap through close partnerships with Corporate Development, the executive team and UHG M&A support functions
- External Positioning/External Affairs
- Support the Office of the CEO for ensuring communications and activities for all constituents (e.g., government, regulator, physician, member, PR, brand) have consistent overall messages
- Site Visit Coordination
- Support, and maintains site visit plan for the CEO, ensuring contact with leadership and employees at each site and feedback loops to site leader and operations leadership team to support engagement focus.
- Communications Planning
- Support Internal Communications and other stakeholders to plan, evaluate and adjust impact, reach and frequency of communication to OptumRx employees
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role
- Solid understanding of strategy, product development and product management, operations, reporting and forecasting
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Advanced analytical skills
- Exceptional communication skills; capable of effectively presenting ideas and selling concepts and tactics
- Solid influencing, collaboration and change management skills to drive outcomes and results
- Ability to build relationships cross-functionally and lead toward common goals
- Ability to drive change and influence at all levels of the organization
- Ability to quickly aggregate and analyze information and draw conclusions
- Self-starter who acts independently and directs own work
- Solid program and project management skills; demonstrated history of managing significant and complex initiatives and projects
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.