Video Content Editing Manager (37813)
Do you want to take that excitement and knowledge and work for a world-class organization?
Then apply today to our team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Our team combines a highly skilled workforce, the most advanced equipment available, and incredible computer optimization to create one of the most agile operations in the industry!
Video Content Editing Manager
What Will You Do?
The Video Content Editing Manager works with the content and creative teams in the conceptualization and post-production of video content. The primary responsibility of this position will be selecting and assembling video and audio materials to build a strong narrative for produced, branded content as well as internal video projects.
The Video Content Editing Manager must be able to understand the project goals and ensure the vision is brought to life. The content will include stop motion, product videos, educational videos, inspirational and social content, as well as corporate projects. This position must have a wealth of knowledge regarding the technical side of production including understanding the complexities of video equipment and capabilities, editing and color grading raw footage to achieve the right look, and Adobe Creative Cloud editing and graphics programs.
- Manage and oversee to ensure video content is edited to high standards with understanding of pacing, audio mix, color grading and overall look and feel of final piece.
- Establish, implement and oversee the maintenance of technical post-production workflows.
- Track progress of all editing projects to ensure timely delivery of all assets created.
- Ensure final content and video created meets quality standards and creative brief.
- Establish and implement best practice documentation for video post-production for the editing team.
- Mentor and manage a team of editors to ensure quality standards and deliverables are achieved.
- Actively participate in strategic ideation with creative and content teams for innovative content solutions.
- Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
- Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
- Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
- Audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
- Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
- Manage resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods and materials.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
What Do You Need?
- 5 years’ experience in Retail Marketing, Mass Communications, Broadcast, Advertising or related area, Required
- Bachelor Degree in Media/Film, Advertising, Communications, Marketing or related field or equivalent work experience, Required
- Strong knowledge of editing for video content for television or web
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and AfterEffects
- Strong video editing skills to create a high quality end product that exceeds client expectations
- Strong color grading skills
- Strong conceptual and creative video planning ability
- Graphics animation skills
- Strong knowledge of creative process and general creative workflow
- Strong knowledge of marketing, advertising and branding principles and practices
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Document management system
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, internet
- Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- Work professionally with customers and co-workers to efficiently serve our customers, treating both with enthusiasm and respect
- Display empathy, understanding and patience with employees and external customers
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.