Cyber Resilience and Intelligence Program Manager ( 607083-1G )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
This role is a part of Verizon Cyber Defense’s Resilience and Intelligence (R&I) team under the Chief Information Security Office (CISO). This team is responsible for gathering and analyzing cyber threat intelligence to support cyber security operations for Verizon. Additionally, R&I assesses and validates Verizon’s security controls and technologies through advanced penetration testing and methodical threat emulations performed by red team, 3rd parties and other technologies.
Verizon is looking for a program manager with experience leading and coordinating cyber security or technical projects of various scopes. In this role, you will be helping to mature and enhance our existing cyber defense capabilities. This involves collaborating on efforts to design and implement and/or improved processes and technologies within Verizon's unique security landscape. You will work closely with key cross-functional stakeholders to facilitate a program tailored to utilizing proactive and mitigating measures to detect, respond or mitigate potential threats to Verizon’s infrastructure, employees, and intellectual property. Additionally you will support scheduling and coordinating red team and 3rd party penetration tests and activities.
- Facilitates cyber defense working groups and tracks associated development and mitigation tasks from creation to implementation.
- Schedules online meetings and facilitates discussions concerning cyber security strategies, projects and planning.
- Utilizes various productivity tools to track statues of relevant initiatives and projects.
- Contacts stakeholders to gather additional information or clarification on proposed projects and requests.
- Gather data and information concerning projects from various internal sources.
- Creates and submits support request tickets if needed for each project in scope.
- Show initiative by creating new and/or improving existing relevant and related processes and procedures
- Create reports concerning projects and their statues.
- Calculate and gather metrics and input into reports and presentations related to current projects and other team related KPIs.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Two or more years of work experience in project / program management space.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Great communication skills.
- Knowledge of or experience working with cyber security or information technology concepts.
- Experience with different project management methodologies (e.g., agile, scrum, lean, Six Sigma).
- Experience utilizing tools such as Jira, Confluence, SmartSheets, Spreadsheets, ServiceNow, or other similar platforms to manage, organize and track projects and initiatives.
- Track record of managing projects of varying complexity in large organizations.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.