Manager, Medical/Commercial Events and Meetings - HCP engagements (R1560915-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Responsible for the planning and execution of Consultant Engagements on behalf of the US and Puerto Rico supporting US Commercial/ US Medical/Worldwide Medical/R&D. Responsible for meeting planning, logistics, contract management and HCP coordination in support of Consultant Engagements (advisory boards, steering committees, symposia, and all other types of consultant engagements)
- Understands organizational infrastructure and ways of working between external Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs)/Thought Leaders (TLs), internal home office and across extended matrix
- Understands BMS current/future portfolio
- Understands internal policies and external consultant engagement methodologies
- Knows resources and tools available to gather critical information to apply to projects and inform decisions
- Plans/executes engagements based on business need
- Applies business decisions and recommendations based on sound data analysis
- Tracks key engagements for Therapeutic/Functional area
- Incorporates findings of data to support decision making that drives productivity and performance
- Seeks to understand diverse customer/stakeholder and matrix teams’ perspectives and applies into actionable solutions and business priorities
- Identifies, analyzes, prioritizes, and recommends improvements to address customer (internal/external) needs
- Possess knowledge and understanding of functional/therapeutic area needs by gathering perspective from various sources including brand, medical, compliance, R&D, legal etc.…
- Collects engagement insights from functional/therapeutic area through forums, surveys, and observations
- Integrates new ideas, market insights and trends into innovative capabilities and engagement formats in partnership with matrix teams
Strategic Thinking and Planning:
- Proactively seeks to understand organizational objectives, challenges the status quo, and identifies continuous improvement opportunities
- Works through ideas to address business challenges that effectively integrate/compliment business strategies
- Evaluates opportunities, analyzes, and balances risks
- Knows when to act and take calculated risks and when more information and analysis is needed
- Understands how to leverage available metrics to incorporate key insights into planning
- Proactively considers potential downstream implications, anticipates future needs when proposing solutions
- Designs contingency plans to address unanticipated barriers
- Executes project plans to address business priorities, streamline and simplify processes
- Tracks resources efficiently (budget, vendors etc.…)
- Informs team of progress and barriers proactively proposed solutions while mitigating risks
- Identifies ways to optimize KOL engagement efficiencies and provides innovative solutions
- Keeps manager and matrix stakeholders abreast of project progress and makes aware of bottlenecks
- Manages engagement, budget, KOLs, SOs, Invoices and all pre, during and post engagement activities
- Monitors measures of success and key milestones, generates and/or identified sources of data for projects, initiatives, and deliverables
- Monitors against reports and scorecards to demonstrate and communication progress towards objectives and milestones
- Attends and may facilitate matrix meetings to understand engagements that align with strategy and move team toward goal
- Ability to coordinate with cross-functional/ cross border teams to drive successful engagements
- Partners with vendors/suppliers understands contracts in alignment with SLAs
List of Minimum Position Requirements/Competencies:
- BA/BS degree preferred or at least should possess 3-5 years of pharmaceutical industry experience in KOL/Thought Leader execution and/or related functions
- Ability to travel to travel to engagements as needed and up to approximately 25%
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously while interfacing with business partners and vendors
- Ability to engage and influence business partners to meet objectives
- Strong project management skills, including prioritization of task management, budget management, and issue resolution
- Customer service orientation and mind-set
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate, negotiate challenging situations and positively influence change
- Proficient in software that must be used independently including Microsoft Office, Ariba, SAP, Veeva
- Demonstrates passion, collaboration, urgency, accountability, integrity, inclusion, judgment/decision making, and solutions-oriented attitude
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.