Senior Manager of Communications Strategy and Planning ( 607975-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As Senior Manager, Communications Strategy and Planning, you'll lead a team responsible for ensuring that we provide best-in-class, end to end communications journeys for our customers.
By partnering with other members of the communications team, your group will look for opportunities to drive tighter integration and more optimized experiencesacross our communications that support new customer acquisition, customer onboarding, revenue growth, customer base loyalty, legal notifications, transactional confirmations, and former customer winback initiatives.
- Identify opportunities to optimize the end to end customer experience across communications.
- Work with marketing and product teams to identify new segment opportunities, and efficient ways to build unique and diverse programs for them.
- Partner with BI, CMI and Marketing to identify new or missed opportunities in targeting, messaging or tactical mix.
- Establish points of integration for cross-program communications.
- Identify and manage a cross-communications lifecycle across acquisition, base and transactional.
- Develop strategies to identify and manage customer communications fatigue.
- Define an integrated remarketing strategy across all touchpoints.
- Partner with Marketing, BI and campaign teams to identify critical business issues to solve through customer communications.
- Monitor and identify new marketing communications technologies or tactics for evaluation and testing.
- Identify new opportunities to innovate and/or adjust our communications vehicles and approach(messaging, creative, tactics, targeting).
- Mentor and develop a team of marketing professionals.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelors degree or four or more years of experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of integrated marketing campaign experience.
- Demonstrated experience developing effective customer marketing strategies.
- Expertise in building customer communications journeys across multiple products.
- Proven analytical abilities.
- Self-starter with strong problem solving, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines in a cross-functional, team-based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a professional team.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written presentation skills.
- Experience obtaining, interpreting, and implementingcustomer insights data.
- Demonstrated experience in documenting / optimizing end-to-end experiences and pain points.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.