Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis - Telecommute (112220494)
Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients’ expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what’s really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we’re working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Assist the FP&A team in annual budgeting process, periodic forecasting, complex financial analysis and financial modeling, identfication of key metrics, operational/financial reporting and ad hoc requests. Required to be highly proficient in budgeting, forecasting and financial modeling concepts through using Excel and Cognos TM1/Hyperion planning tools. Manages processes and projects across various departmental functions.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring, Friendly
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs
- Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer feel informed, understood, and special
- An effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion
- Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals
- Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance
- Assists the FP&A team in activities of the Finance Department for the accurate and timely completion of the annual budget, periodic forecasts and the dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual budgets
- Assists in Financial Reporting and Metric analysis
- Compares performance with operating budgets and forecasts. Provides reports and interprets the results of operations to all levels of management
- Lead finance resource for all center level operations including volume, expense and staffing levels
- Develop a deep understanding of the MedExpress business model and offer insights to drive improvement of that model
- Recommends and implements techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, cut costs, and maintain practices
MedExpress Leadership Responsibilities:
- Constantly communicates to team, open to opinions and feedback and follows through on commitments
- Self-starter who proactively looks for constant improvements to processes and ways to create additional analysis or explain financial data that would assist the company in making key decisions
- Ability to challenge other team members and themselves on increasing the effectiveness of the Finance function
- Maintains the perseverance to drive and sustain the changes that occur at MedExpress, while being resilient and flexible, and inspiring and motivating the team
- Creates a work environment in which people are able to perform to the best of their abilities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 7+ years of Financial Analysis experience
- Knowledge of advanced budgetary preparation and project management
- Proficient in forecasting and analytics tools and techniques
- Excellent personal computer, Excel and Financial Modeling skills
- Ability to work independently, assume responsibility for budget and forecast needs of the Finance Department
- Managed a team to complete financial and/or operational projects, including annual budgeting
- High attention to detail with high level of accuracy and timeliness. Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to lead and mentor other Financial Analysts
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and a MBA or CPA designation
- Retail or Healthcare experience
- Will interact with all employees of the Finance department on a regular basis as well as other cross-functional team-members at the Administrative Offices. Will also interact with members of the Senior and Executive Leadership teams
- Non-Center Based. Requires the ability to sit at a computer for hours at a time (with some bending and stooping) and travel to Centers (if so, the noise level is moderate and there is potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.